THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20%-25%+ works for me. I don’t care to smoke with overly dry wood

The KBQ uses a tiny but intense fire, so I think it probably needs the higher %. I don’t know why it hadn’t occurred to me though. I usually read about people complaining about wood being too wet.

The KBQ uses a tiny but intense fire, so I think it probably needs the higher %. I don’t know why it hadn’t occurred to me though. I usually read about people complaining about wood being too wet.

I want my firewood dry and my smoke wood on the wetter side, fruit woods I use green.

I always use a base of briquettes for my stickburner and as long as I start with a hot fire, I’ve always been very happy with the outcome.

The older folks back home in NC always used greener woods, but they do use a pre-burn barrel with the green hickory.

I’ve been less than happy using wood that’s real dry.
Lots of heat, very little smoke. Again, great for the fireplace, not for the smoker:

Back