THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lookin' for advice... Ready to buy a new camera for the fam. Budget tops out at about $300 bucks.

Seriously considering the Fuji HS25EXR but I'm wondering if there are others that I should be looking at that are in the same ballpark... Looked at the Nikon L810 and while the wife would love the red one, I thought the thing was slow, the HS25 however seemed to be very responsive and quick to focus sharply even on fully zoomed shots.

Just looking for other opinions before I buy in the next day or two.

Thanks!

I've got the Nikon L810. I Love It!

4kehcg.jpg

20syr0l.jpg

2rqls41.jpg

Small learning curve for a non-pro like me but it's a good rig.

Good Luck!

Define 'fake'. There is some post processing done, with a touch of sharpening and tilt shift effect, but contrast and saturation/vibrancy are in-camera.

Some festival/fall items.... I am finding hat moving around outside, I switch between wanting a certain shutter speed/priority (1/250 o slower seems to let blue skies show better) and aperture setting/priority to control DOF.

Using a wide open lens (f/1.4) catches the powdered sugar midair:
yga7asez.jpg

Shutter speed of 1/250 or slower lets more fall color show:
3yjaru6y.jpg

And sometimes break the rules:
u8upe9yn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back