"Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Nov.20th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives!"

jm93E6hh.jpg

This was ssv3's winning entry from the 2020 "Fast Food" Throwdown

As chosen by bowhntr for winning the "Meat Salad" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:
bowhnter said:
Cook something up from one of your favorite diners, drive-ins, or dives! There’s many possibilities from blueplate specials, fast food dishes, and specialties from hole in the walls with dishes that you keep coming back for. Give us a little background on your entry, why you like the dish so much, and the establishment if you would. You can also cook something of your own that fits within the category description.

If you’re looking for additional inspiration/ideas you can also check out a list of recipes from the TV show here:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/recipes

Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 11/3 through 11/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 11/20.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
How's this going to work, pretty much every episode recipe would not qualify since there mostly cooked indoors?

How's this going to work, pretty much every episode recipe would not qualify since there mostly cooked indoors?

Those episode recipes are for inspiration and ideas. A large percentage of our Throwdowns feature categories that are traditionally cooked in the kitchen, from all kinds of ethnic cuisine and more. Again, have a closer look at the category description:

Cook something up from one of your favorite diners, drive-ins, or dives! There’s many possibilities from blueplate specials, fast food dishes, and specialties from hole in the walls with dishes that you keep coming back for. Give us a little background on your entry, why you like the dish so much, and the establishment if you would. You can also cook something of your own that fits within the category description.
If you’re looking for additional inspiration/ideas you can also check out a list of recipes from the TV show here:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/di...-dives/recipes

DDD has hit a number of BBQ places.

What still kills me about the show is Fieri hates eggs.

Those episode recipes are for inspiration and ideas. A large percentage of our Throwdowns feature categories that are traditionally cooked in the kitchen, from all kinds of ethnic cuisine and more. Again, have a closer look at the category description:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/di...-dives/recipes

So, to clarify, this TD doesn't have to be cooked outdoors?

Plenty of BBQ featured. Smoke a meatloaf instead of cooking it in the oven. Plenty of recipes cooked on an indoor grill, use your outdoor grill. Plenty of flat tops featured, use an outdoor griddle.

Couldn't help myself.

what-a-stupid-question-that-is-what-a-stupid-question.gif

Laugh all you want, but a simple "Outdoor cooking rules still applies" would be all it takes to prevent DQ entries. And its not like i am the only one who has had DQ entries.

How hard is it to add to the OP?

Anyway, im passing on this TD. Good luck guys.

Laugh all you want, but a simple "Outdoor cooking rules still applies" would be all it takes to prevent DQ entries. And its not like i am the only one who has had DQ entries.

How hard is it to add to the OP?

Anyway, im passing on this TD. Good luck guys.

Bob, this is not the first time we've gone over this with you. We are the BBQ Brethren, NOT the Stovetop Brethren.

Second, the Throwdown rules are posted plainly for all to see.

3rd, it is NOT our job to prevent DQ entries, it is up to all those who enter to submit either compliant or non-compliant entries. No respectable contest would change the rules mid-stream to accommodate the whims of someone who doesn't agree with the rules.

That said, this entry and discussion thread is not the place for continuing this conversation. If you and anyone else wish to respectfully discuss ideas about allowing different kinds of entries etc, you are more than welcome to do so in the Throwdown lounge:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882

That is all!

:yo:

Bob, this is not the first time we've gone over this with you. We are the BBQ Brethren, NOT the Stovetop Brethren.

Second, the Throwdown rules are posted plainly for all to see.

3rd, it is NOT our job to prevent DQ entries, it is up to all those who enter to submit either compliant or non-compliant entries. No respectable contest would change the rules mid-stream to accommodate the whims of someone who doesn't agree with the rules.

That said, this entry and discussion thread is not the place for continuing this conversation. If you and anyone else wish to respectfully discuss ideas about allowing different kinds of entries etc, you are more than welcome to do so in the Throwdown lounge:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882

That is all!

:yo:
Where did i not agree with the rules? I simply, and so did others not fully understand the rules as they are not laid out in the TD threads. All i was saying was it would not be hard to mention the main rules in the TD first post so members don't have to hunt down the rules. Not to mention some TD's change the rules and allow multiple entries. Listen, im not trying to split hairs here. I was genuinely not sure if this TD allowed things to be cooked in a "Diner"

By the way, i tried to "discuss ideas about allowing different kinds of entries etc" in the link you provided but was told i couldnt because it was over 289 days old.

Last edited:
I guess the category is a bust. I don’t even have anything planned since we just got home.

Me 4. Hope everyone is just busy with the holiday at hand, cause I think it's a great TD idea. Please repeat soon!

Back