Thank you to BBQ Guru Customer Service and typical UPS *LIES*

TXNewbie

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Someone
My wife ordered me a BBQ Guru for Christmas. She ordered the wrong adapter size (my fault not hers).

So I ordered the right one through BBQ Guru and paid the upgraded shipping to bump it up from the "SurePost" to standard UPS. We've had packages through SUrePost sit at our local post office for up to 7 days before.

It was supposed to be delivered by UPS Monday (per UPS email updates). No delivery.

I call UPS Monday night and was told they are "too busy" to deliver the packages on time". They promise they will be delivered Tuesday.

Same thing yesterday. All day - no packages (I was expecting two additional packages yesterday via UPS as well). I call them last night to be told "they are too busy to deliver on time this time of year". They promise they will be delivered today.

I wake up this morning to emails from the shippers saying UPS claimed I was unavailable to sign for package - even though they didn't request or require a signature and asked me what was going on.

Yup - I looked it up. My UPS driver was probably too busy drinking rather than delivering so they falsley marked all three packages as they attempted delivery at 10:22 at night and I was unavailable for signature. LIARS.

Then I call UPS to file a complaint this morning. My larger issue is them claiming me for their incompetence. The call when like this:

First I was told that the BBQ package was damaged and that is why there was a delay. I told them not true as I have 3 packages due and they said the same thing for all three - is she claiming all three packages were damaged by the same driver?

Then she said the driver "was too busy" to get to all the deliveries and they would be delivered today. I explained again not true, as they had been saying that since Monday.

I asked why they would LIE and say signature was required and I wasn't here to sign rather than simply put on their records they just decided to call it quits for the night? She kept making excuse after excuse and didn't want to take my complaint. I finally asked her if she was friends with the driver with all the excuses she was giving me or if she was going to take my complaint.

I called BBQ Guru and they were awesome. After looking into it with UPS they also saw (and promptly knew UPS was lying) about the multiple fake delivery attempts culminating with the fake one at 10:22 last night. Oh, and no signature was required on the package they sent. Thank you to BBQ Guru for taking care of me on this.

With instances like this (which are fairly common with UPS I laugh when they go on strike saying they don't earn enough for all the great work they do. The scary part is they have managed to actually make the post office look preferable. Issues we have with UPS throughout the year are continual and self-inflicted. But thank you to BBQ Guru!!

Wow!! That really sucks that you had to deal with that kinda service from UPS. UPS is pretty solid in my area. The USPS and FedEx are CRAP so I prefer UPS over them anyday based on personal experience.

As someone that ship and receives dozens of packages a week, I can tell you that from my perspective USPS does a far better job than either UPS or FedEx does these days.

We’ve never had a package lost or delivered more than one day late in 3 years of using USPS.
I can not say the same about the other two.

Wow!! That really sucks that you had to deal with that kinda service from UPS. UPS is pretty solid in my area. The USPS and FedEx are CRAP so I prefer UPS over them anyday based on personal experience.

UPS here is horrible.

25% of our packages are delivered to the wrong house. Our house number is:

On our mailbox in bright white reflective numbers;
On the street stone curbing,
On the house on two places.

The only thing worse than the drivers is trying to deal with lackies at the distribution center trying to make excuses for the drivers. It has been like this for years.

We much prefer Fed Ex around here.

As someone that ship and receives dozens of packages a week, I can tell you that from my perspective USPS does a far better job than either UPS or FedEx does these days.

We’ve never had a package lost or delivered more than one day late in 3 years of using USPS.
I can not say the same about the other two.

My normal Post Office driver is excellent. She really is on top of things.

Fedex is no better. I PAID to have a delivery hold while on Vacation, then I got text package was delivered. Checked my security cameras, and there it was setting on my porch, and im 8 hours away.

Fedex is no better. I PAID to have a delivery hold while on Vacation, then I got text package was delivered. Checked my security cameras, and there it was setting on my porch, and im 8 hours away.
And the people who deliver for Amazon sent someone a picture of his package delivered on his Welcome mat. He doesn't have a Welcome mat.

GURU is excellent My son had a seasonal Temp job with UPS They were not good and he job did not last long

Well - I filed a complaint against the driver for lying this morning. Was told I would get a UPS call back in one hour. That was 5 hours ago.

Ya good luck getting anything from UPS. They suck. They lost several packages this Holliday season.
They told me I needed to file a police report. I told them why would I file a police report when I didn't have anything stolen. The package would have to be delivered first. They claimed to have left the packages on the porch. Even gave me times. I asked them if they wanted to see my surveillance tapes, proving they never entered the property. Then they said they were left by the mailbox. REALLY, my mailbox is 500' from my house, and on the opposite side of the road.

Never had a issue with Fed ex or USPS.

Here, theyre all pretty good, my guess is the smaller centers cover each others butts. Any complaints probably should go to a main or corporate office

Lately a lot of my Amazon packages have shown handed of to a person, of course they were delivered when no one was at home.

I've always had great customer service with BBQ Guru. Great people.

I feel very lucky, our local post office is awesome, as are the UPS and Fed-Ex delivery drivers. Of course it might help that I've fed all of them at one time or another.

display

UPS is terrible in my area, I have the same problem with made up lies and excuses.

Fedex is Ok, but for some reason they seem to have more aggressive "must sign" policies and their tracking isn't very accurate on delivery dates, so i end up having to take multiple days off work just to sign for a package. They seem to take longer to get packages to me than either UPS or USPS.

I can't believe I am actually saying this, but I prefer USPS. Their tracking is almost always correct and very rarely do they mess up the delivery. A bonus is they will deliver on a sat and even sunday for some Amazon boxes.

I can't believe I am actually saying this, but I prefer USPS. Their tracking is almost always correct and very rarely do they mess up the delivery. A bonus is they will deliver on a sat and even sunday for some Amazon boxes.

They are paid by Amazon to make deliveries on Sunday and as such typical USPS looses money on every package it delivers for Amazon.

I went through that "attempted delivery, no one home" bs with UPS. I was home, on my front porch, refreshing my phone with the "delivery time" getting delayed continually from 5pm to 7pm. At 6:59, delivery was supposed to be 7:00. At 7:03, I got the "no one home" message.

I called and was given the run around. A-holes. :punch:

I hate UPS, and only try to buy from vendors that give me the option to USPS or preferably FedEx. The only reason I won't order from Big Poppa Smokers now is that they ship UPS. Last time I ordered something UPS beat the crap out of the package and when I reported my concern to BPS, they apologized for my drivers lack of care, but UPS is the most inexpensive way to ship so that's why they use them.

I've had a recent issue in which is said business was closed. UM.. I live in a single family home.. not a business. they just make up stuff as they go..

Back