THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I cook a Valentine’s steak dinner every year for the fam. Because it fell on Monday this year I decided to do it Saturday night. I picked up some filet mignon from a local meat shop.

Looks like they’re getting ready to stock their shelves full of Oakridge BBQ seasonings. I grabbed a bag of Crucible 2021. Nice to see they had some of the other varieties like Saigon 21 as well.

These’ll do. I love filets.

I stopped by the grocery store and saw they had bags of frozen “crab pieces” at $9.99/lb, which I thought was a pretty good deal considering what crab is selling for these days. Decided I would grab a bag and do a spin on “filet oscar”. I could identify some snow crab claws and legs, then some larger chunks which ended up being king crab pieces - even a better deal than I thought! I love crab.

I steamed the frozen pieces in the oven then pulled out the meat

Grilling the filets on my Primo kamado. I love the primo.

I steamed some asparagus tips and placed them and the crab on top of the filets, then smothered them in hollandaise sauce. Filet Oscar typically calls for bearnaise sauce but I didn’t have shallots and I can whip up hollandaise pretty easily in the blender. I love hollandaise sauce.

Served along some roasted garlic mashed potatoes, which kind of ended up looking like a poop emoji. A couple fingers of four roses bourbon to wash it all down. I love bourbon, and I loved this meal.

Thanks for lookin’ :thumb:

Last edited:
I love everything about this post. Awesome dinner and beats any restaurant meal.

12322-B62-1220-459-F-A1-BF-53-BBA78-AF8-F2.jpg

I love everything about this post. Awesome dinner and beats any restaurant meal.

12322-B62-1220-459-F-A1-BF-53-BBA78-AF8-F2.jpg

Thanks! I have a hard time ordering steak when I go out, unless it’s a particularly swanky place, because I generally like my steaks better than what most places serve. There are lots of other things that I’m not so great at cooking I order instead :becky:

Back