THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Lord, Sako! :shocked: :whoo:

I wish I would gotten one of those WSM hanging thingees when they were still available - I'd love to be whipping up some eats like that - or at least trying! Farkin killer, dude!

Lookin' good, Neighbor! I love it when you break out the swords. :thumb::-D

Purchased these 21" skewers that are .4" wide last week to hang in the Drum and use on the WGA because of some of the cooks you have posted in the past. Sako would you mind sharing some of your favorite marinades?

7194CYstMaL._SY450_.jpg

I bet Everytime you cook, your nieghbor's property value goes up. Great looking platter.

Lol Thanks Josh!

Nextdoor neighbors automatically get a plate. As a matter of fact I ran into the neighbors across the street after everyone left who ended up coming over for a few beers and I packed them a plate too.

What tyoe of skewers are those? I’m thinking of a fixed wooden handle, but I see yours are hooked at the end which make hanging possible.

Stainless steel and I bent the tops to be able to hang. I don't like the wood handles because eventually they burn or residual heat destroys them.

Good Lord, Sako! :shocked: :whoo:

I wish I would gotten one of those WSM hanging thingees when they were still available - I'd love to be whipping up some eats like that - or at least trying! Farkin killer, dude!

Thanks brother!

Just get a Hunsaker:becky:

Or make a hanger for your uds and the skewers are on me. :nod:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Thanks brother!

For open pit or kabob cooks like this my base indgredints for poek, beef,l and lamb are salt, pepper, paprika (more for color) Aleppo pepper or any dry red pepper flakes (not hot) and sliced onions. About 4-6 hours of marination and just grill it. The raw onions tenderize and flavor the meat. Now, you can personalize it after the base by adding say wine to beef or lamb, or oregano, other herbs. Basically whatever you think you'd like. The base by itself is amazing already because you taste more of the meat.

For chicken I always slather with mayo then whatever seasonings I feel like. I've been doing chicken this way for a long time. Mayo that is.

I just construct depending who's coming over, what I feel like and whatever is in the cupboards.

Hit me up if you meant specifics on a particular protein but mostly I use my base of s,p,red pepper flakes, paprika of some sort and onions. Trust me it's good.

Purchased these 21" skewers that are .4" wide last week to hang in the Drum and use on the WGA because of some of the cooks you have posted in the past. Sako would you mind sharing some of your favorite marinades?

7194CYstMaL._SY450_.jpg

Thanks everyone. Been super busy and barely getting a chance to respond

What width do you prefer? Kabobmaster.com sells a variety of skewers. What are you looking for in a versital and functional skewer. Large cuts like pincanha or minced like lule kebabs. Any other sources for skewers?

Lol Thanks Josh!

Nextdoor neighbors automatically get a plate. As a matter of fact I ran into the neighbors across the street after everyone left who ended up coming over for a few beers and I packed them a plate too.

Hell, if I lived anywhere near you, every time I smelled smoke, I would grab a bottle of bourbon, and come running.

What width do you prefer? Kabobmaster.com sells a variety of skewers. What are you looking for in a versital and functional skewer. Large cuts like pincanha or minced like lule kebabs. Any other sources for skewers?

Well, Kabobmaster is a local company and they make decent product but the small grocery stores around here carry a variety of decent quality skewers for next to nothing. For picanha or minced lule I prefer wider skewers (about 1" wide) More mass for the meat to "grab" on. For chunk Kabobs the narrower skewers (1/2") work excellent. I'd say 1/2" wides are very versatile for all purpose use.

I'd go Kabobmaster as they're priced very fair. I've had a few brethren order from them and they were very satisfied with what they rec'd.

Back