THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
I have re-heated pulled pork many times in boiling water, and am wondering if anyone has tried it sous vide???? I cooked to huge butts last night with the intention of freezing and re-heating at a latter time. Has anyone ever done it souse vide? If so, frozen? temp? time? Thanks

Its very handy. I always go ahead and pull and vac pack into small bags. Its already cooked so I don't worry too much about the temperature, say 150, and let is take a dip for an hour or whenever its convenient to eat.

We do that for pulled pork and brisket.
woks great
We run a pot until coffee temperature and sit the meat until heated
about 140f

I do it all the time. I VAC seal and freeze in portions for two people. I go direct from freezer to the pot at 180 degrees. Generally let it go for an hour and a half.
Right now I'm reheating half a 1 3/4" ribeye I cooked on Friday, 130 for about 45 min from refrigerator. I use the anova as much for reheating as I do for cooking.

Back