THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ace261

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Tony
I have a location for my first roadside vending that is on a major road. This will be the first time setting up for roadside vending. What quantities of pork, brisket and chicken would be a good starting point? Thinking of beans, green beans and possibly mac and cheese for sides.

Start small and increase, it's better to sell out than to have a lot left over. Whether you choose to sell by the Lb will also increase what you need to cook. I'd say start out with 6 to 8 butts and increase to 10-12 butts if you are selling by the Lb also. How much competition you have could also determine sales. Our first concessions when we started out we sold 24 butts and 3 briskets in about 4 hours. With more barbecue available in the area these days we would do about half of that if we were lucky. I don't sell concessions much these days as we stay busy catering.

Back