Prepping for Cheese Steaks

Great looking grill and spread! Griddle photo is impressive.

re: Mac recipe/link Not sure I would be adding the sherry either or what it contributes or possibly covers up. Just speculating, it might add a little bite that may be lacking in the gouda/gruyere. My little place used Colemans dry mustard and found it could also provide bite/sharpness that cheeses may lack.

Your extended family is very blessed.

Yeah, it's just not an ingredient I've ever come across in other mac n cheese recipes.

My short order cooking skills were put to the test that day. I'd forgotten to bring out serving platters but fortunately my nephew came outside to rescue me just in time.

Nicely done Dom Love a good cheese steak esp without the wiz Will have to say I like my steak meat chopped up

Agree with you George, so does my wife. She thought the meat was a bit uneven in size and she was right. (Says the one who opted for a sausage sub). :rolleyes:

Since you're now in Mass, a regional sub shop in Central Mass is TC Lando's. If you want to see finely chopped steak and other ingredients, they'd be the place to try. I've had their steak, meatball, sausage, pepperoni combo. You can't tell what is what. They're OK in a pinch as there's one here in Leominster, but I still prefer my own. :becky:

Cheese steaks and mac and cheese are both excellent in my book, but when you take the time to do both from scratch like that, it just goes so far over the top!! You might as well just enter that in the "foods we all love" category!

Back