Pics from Super Bowl Grill Session

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
Hey y'all. Had a few friends over yesterday and figured I would share some pics of the cook. I wanted some shrimp, as it had been a while. And regarding my ribs, I usually go for a bit firmer of a bite and no sauce, but for some reason, I was very specifically craving some saucy, fall-off-the-bone ribs. So here we go!

Starting the ribs on their usual indirect grill journey, and a few skewers of good ol' Gulf Shrimp. I let the shrimp marinate overnight in a mixture of melted butter, minced garlic, and Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning:

GH3BQU5h.jpg

Shrimp are almost done, couple of crispy critters there at the bottom. :laugh:

O5tSNIYh.jpg

And done!

jXrssfdh.jpg

Ribs have been on for about an hour and a half and are about ready to wrap:

CN3NtGDh.jpg

Ribs are wrapped and now some wings!

98W2h2Eh.jpg

Ribs have completed their hour in foil and are now finished and getting brushed with a little sauce. Wings are ready to roll too:

UzAf6Zfh.jpg

Completed ribs. Saucy and falling off the bone as desired. :biggrin1:

tWoU809h.jpg

A brief note on the shrimp, for any curious Brethren: Because the cook time on these guys is so short and because of the massive flare-ups that would be caused by spilling butter over an open mesquite fire, I didn't want to hassle with trying to baste them with butter during the cook. I wanted to see if I could have them "self-baste" by putting them in a marinade of (cooled) melted butter and spices overnight. The butter congealed and stuck like glue to the shrimps, and it actually worked! I was surprised...but as they say even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again. :laugh:

Also, how do y'all like my super fancy grill accessory aka my landscaping bricks on the bottom of the charcoal pan? I'll get around to buying one of those metal charcoal basket things one day. :biggrin1:

Thanks for looking!

Looks like you got that sorted well,busy cook.
As for the Bricks, I use them as well

Back