Phil, et al

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
'Some questions, how to get to "last read" on each thread. Maybe if you reduced the font in the message body, you could show our "Whole avatar" and not break our names. And can I get my beer? Also, can you split the stickies out of daily threads a little?
Ed

Which template are you using Ed? Things appear slightly different in different templates. With Illuminate Dark, for example, your used name is on one line and the stickies section is separate.

I have no idea what a template is in regard to websites, nor how to check or change same.
Ed

But at this point only half of my icon is viewable, and my screen name is broken into two lines and there is no beer glass or information. After posting the stat info shows up.

Ed,
A template is simply the format for the pages you view.

Look all the way to the bottom left corner and you will see a name.
That is the template name. I use the illuminate light.
We must know which template you are using to help you.

To change the template, simply click on that name and select a different one.

Hope this helps.
TIM

Ed,

This is where I found it if I scrolled all the way to the bottom of the screen. Just figuring it out myself.
Baby Steps :)

Screenshot 2024-04-21 111408.png

OK, went to illuminate light and have a whole name again! Still only a half icon. Am I doing something wrong with using the "new" button trying to go to the first unread post?

OK, went to illuminate light and have a whole name again! Still only a half icon. Am I doing something wrong with using the "new" button trying to go to the first unread post?

When I reopen a thread I've read most of, it automatically goes to the first unread reply. There is also a button on the top right of the thread that says "Jump To New".
If I scroll up a few to remind myself, Jump to New will take me back to the 1st unread post. I think.

I'm certain there's a way to fiddle with it, but not sure what they are.
Someone will be along to help. I've already hit my shin on the bedpost 3 times today. And stubbed my toe on the coffee table. And someone moved my clock.

After experimenting around a bit, here's what I found.

When you're looking at the list of threads, the titles of those with new content that you haven't seen will be bolded.

1713809288818.png

Clicking on the thread title will do one of two things. If you've read all the posts in the thread (not bolded) it will take you to the first post. If you click on the title of a bolded thread, it could take you to the first post if you've never looked at the thread before, or the first unread post in that thread.

Clicking on the date underneath the thread title will always take you to the first post in the thread. Clicking on the date at the far right of the thread, will take you to the very last post.

1713809777155.png

After experimenting around a bit, here's what I found.

When you're looking at the list of threads, the titles of those with new content that you haven't seen will be bolded.

View attachment 211509

Clicking on the thread title will do one of two things. If you've read all the posts in the thread (not bolded) it will take you to the first post. If you click on the title of a bolded thread, it could take you to the first post if you've never looked at the thread before, or the first unread post in that thread.

Clicking on the date underneath the thread title will always take you to the first post in the thread. Clicking on the date at the far right of the thread, will take you to the very last post.

View attachment 211510
There's one more possibility I've seen.

On threads you've partially read(But bolded indicating new posts) if you click on the LH date you will go to the first post. AKA, my favorite ole timers's way. Then click on "Jump to new" in the Top Right Corner ( next to Watch) to go to the first unread.

There's one more possibility I've seen.

On threads you've partially read(But bolded indicating new posts) if you click on the LH date you will go to the first post. AKA, my favorite ole timers's way. Then click on "Jump to new" in the Top Right Corner ( next to Watch) to go to the first unread.
You're right. Didn't even see that button. It's like someone came into the kitchen and re-arranged all the drawers & cabinets.

You're right. Didn't even see that button. It's like someone came into the kitchen and re-arranged all the drawers & cabinets.
It's the MicroSoft method and I hate that chit. Move this, rename that, etc. No telling how many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ have been made selling how to books that should never have been needed.

ETA - The Jump to new button is only there if there is new content.

Last edited:
Back