Onion Burgers, Snowballs & One Last Shot

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
It's been awhile since I've posted any cooks. Things are busy here.
I made some Oklahoma onion burgers for friends, (Sid's Diner style), for the fourth of July.

O5EFBdS.jpg

used my old mason trowel smoosher for the burgers...

G2shcV3.jpg

rmLBI7K.jpg

looking to get a good crust before flipping..

LGBvm11.jpg

z4P73N3.jpg

lp6BKp0.jpg

5hbxgVM.jpg

1adplSS.jpg

buns n cheese and called em good.

uisnoKh.jpg

I had a double decker..

D0SVrxW.jpg

With a burn ban going on, fireworks were prohibited.
I gather snowballs every winter for the fourth, so... target practice seemed like the right route to take this year.

I've posted pics of processing venison, butchering pigs, poultry, cooking calf fries here.
Close your eyes if you are easily offended. :laugh:

The Henry got the call.

7BDFDh9.jpg

tJ7u95E.jpg

ecoCuvR.jpg

A dear friend, one of my mentors, passed away this summer.
He taught me how to cook racoon in an underground pit, beef, pork and beans on a trench pit... and many other things too numerous to mention.
We have shared many laughs and shots of tequila over the years.....
I prepared our last shots together for the cemetery.

FLjanwc.jpg

A couple of salt shakers, some limes....

x9t5TRC.jpg

His Mrs. was first in line. :wink:
We enjoyed sharing memories of the good times and left a shot or 5 for him.

I know... too many pics again. :laugh:
Thanks for lookin'!

Never enough pics! Those burgers look sooo good, haven't had an onion burger in quite a while.

When are you having a Brethren Bash at your place? I wanna try some coon! Looks great as always, sorry to hear about your friend.

Never enough pics! Those burgers look sooo good, haven't had an onion burger in quite a while.

When are you having a Brethren Bash at your place? I wanna try some coon! Looks great as always, sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks Andy..
Coon is pretty tasty. Reminds me of goose. lol
No bash planned but if I do, you're definitely invited! :grin:

Do you shoot snowballs in the summer with a rifle?!?!? :noidea: :pound:
Yes. :laugh:

Have one out by that lake you go fishing at, but we'll need more truck rims to cook on. :p

Always enjoy your posts. Next time I go visit Bubba in Arkansas, I'll tell him or Bubba Jr. to find some coon or possum! :p

Have one out by that lake you go fishing at, but we'll need more truck rims to cook on. :p

Always enjoy your posts. Next time I go visit Bubba in Arkansas, I'll tell him or Bubba Jr. to find some coon or possum! :p

:laugh: I bet Bubba can set you up! :biggrin1:

I'm leaving for the lake Saturday. Still have a burn ban going on so the tractor rim has to stay at home.
Thanks Andy! :grin:

Cowgirl, nice to have you back. I certainly missed your posts. The food as always looks delicious. I am very sorry to hear about your friend. You certainly had a proper sendoff though!

Cowgirl, nice to have you back. I certainly missed your posts. The food as always looks delicious. I am very sorry to hear about your friend. You certainly had a proper sendoff though!

Thanks so much Adam! Very kind of you...

Hate to hear that you lost a good buddy... You did send him off in style though. Sure he was looking down and smiling...

Always hurts to lose a good friend. You honored him as he would of wanted.

You are a good friend.

Friends they come, and friends they go, but each and every one gives you a part of themselves, as you do likewise!
Ed

Back