THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ PD

is one Smokin' Farker
I got a call for a TV commercial producer last week who found my BBQ trailer on the web. Seems as if Ford was doing a TV commercial with Mike Rowe, (America's Dirtiest Jobs) at a ranch where I live, and it was going to be a meet and greet with Ford owners across the country, followed with a BBQ. I was told my BBQ trailer was just what they were looking for, and wanted to know if I would be interested. Well, that was a no-brainer :crazy:. They wanted me to cook up a good ole steak BBQ for Mike and 12 of his guests. I went out and got a 18 lb standing rib roast and dry aged it for 3 days before slicing it, and on the side, potato salad, BBQ ranch beans, grilled corn on the cob, and honey cornbread. Well, cooking on the set of a TV commercial was a real challenge, but we pulled it off. I was told to be "set-ready" at 6:00 pm, in other words, ready to serve. At 8:30, I was told to put the steaks on. My right-hand person, that would be my wife, Deny, had seasoned up the Ribeyes with Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks, and on they went. The Santa Maria grill was fired up to about 900*, and a few minutes later, we served up some damn good grub. All-in-all, it was a fun, but very long, day.

Getting set up before the production crew showed up. They did make me move my Mopar out of the shot :becky:.

004-1.jpg

Mike Rowe has arrived.

028-1.jpg

Getting sound ready.

029.jpg

Mike talking with the producer.

021.jpg

Some of the production crew.

014-1.jpg

Getting the props ready.

024-1.jpg

Mike chatting with a Ford truck owner.

033.jpg

The Ribeyes seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks, and on a very hot Santa Maria grill.

037.jpg

Two minutes away from serving.

038.jpg

And at the conclusion, a pic with Mike Rowe.

039.jpg

So look for us when the commercial airs, and thanks for looking.

Back