Mismatched ribs

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
I asked my wife to pick up some ribs while she was in town today. She accidentally brought me three racks of back ribs and 3 racks of St. Louis ribs. I need them all tomorrow.

Now I have to figure out how to time them so they might be done at the same time.

Any suggestions?

I've done both at the same time....I put the baby backs on about a half hour before the St. Louis.

Worked for me.

They're leaner and in my experience they cooker faster.
The back ribs I've bought (Hormel usually) have a thick meaty end approaching pork chop status.

The GF prefers them because she says they are "meatier". I like ribs to be ribs, not pork chops. So I go for the St. Louis.

Look at the two she bought side by side. Check the thickness of the meat. Then use your own judgement.

The back ribs I've bought (Hormel usually) have a thick meaty end approaching pork chop status.

The GF prefers them because she says they are "meatier". I like ribs to be ribs, not pork chops. So I go for the St. Louis.

Ours selection of back ribs is usually not meaty enough. It also makes a difference if the ribs are injected with a solution or not. The "enhanced" ribs cook longer. I always opt for the natural non enhanced ribs.

Op

Or put them on at the same time and wrap the spares in foil to catch up.

Back ribs ARE basically bone-in pork chops. They cook quicker than spares for me though, because they are so lean

Back