THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice looking pot...I love orange! :)
Cooking with lePhtovers is one of my Phavorite things.

I love to cook leftovers into things, too. They are great for crock-pot cooking. As much as you BBQ, I'm guessing you have plenty of leftovers.

BTW, I have a set of three different size Le Cruset dutch ovens, and love them. They are all that "flame" color. They are my crock-pots. Cast Iron is awesome. I love my Le Cruset -- cast iron that is easy to use and clean.

CD

CaseyDog
What do you mean by "sweat the onions" ?
Thanks

Fresh onions can be bitter, especially in winter months. If you cook them a little bit in some kind of fat, in this case, olive oil, it will get rid of the bitterness.

Sweating onions is the term for lightly sauteing them, to get rid of the bitterness, but stopping short of caramelization. The sauteed onions will be semi-translucient, but not browned. You know when it is done when the onions lose that smell that makes you "cry" when cutting them.

CD

Yeah,

Saw that recipe in the Gas Grill Gourmet book the fam bought me a few years back. Looks excellent. I'll have to try it.

Ey CD...you know what's good in there?
A bit of 70%+ cacao chocolate ...trust me.:thumb:
Swiss if possible.

Ah, Phu, that is also done in authentic Mexican cooking. Have you done a mole (pronounced mo-lay) sauce, yet? It is very common in gourmet Mexican cuisine.

I have never done a mole. I want to.

CD

Yeah,

Saw that recipe in the Gas Grill Gourmet book the fam bought me a few years back. Looks excellent. I'll have to try it.

What, I didn't invent it? Oh, man. I never get credit for anything. :laugh:

CD

Looks great, how about over rice? :hungry:
That was my first thought too. Black beans w/ hamburger over rice is a quick staple meal for us.

One of these days, I need to start writing down what I do in the kitchen. :laugh:

CD
You really do have to do that. I created an awesome brisket rub froom the seat of my pants, and did not write down what I did. I have spent years trying to duplicate it.

Back