THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creek bottom

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Joe
So, I did an inaugural run on my new (to me) Medow Creek BBQ chicken cooker yesterday. 24 chicken halves (12 per rack) seasoned with Oakridge Competition Chicken & Pork rub. Bag of B & B briquettes in each section. 1 1/2 hours and everything was temping at 180. Some of the juiciest, most flavorful chicken I've ever had. I was cooking for a family dinner to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. Everybody ranted and raved about how good the chicken was. I learned a few things, this being the first time using it, but I have to say, this thing ROCKS!!!
Sorry I don't have more pics, but my buddy and me had to get the chicken to the family and we MAY have had a couple of adult beverages...:grin:

Attachments

I've kicked around the idea of getting one of the small ones or popping for a trailer smoker with one of these added on. it's well beyond my budget but it's nice to dream !!! :D

Thanks Willy!!! I was actually looking for a decent basting recipe since I picked this up last week. This one sounds fantastic! Definitely going to give this a try! Thanks again, much appreciated!

Thanks Willy!!! I was actually looking for a decent basting recipe since I picked this up last week. This one sounds fantastic! Definitely going to give this a try! Thanks again, much appreciated!

i have to giggle a touch cuz I followed that link also and saw you were like the 3rd or 4th comment on it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I’ve re discovered my love for thighs. Country boy style with a weber vortex and when done dusting them with kosmos wing dust ....simple I know but the vortex high heat really does a job on the skin......

I do the same. Thighs on the Weber with the Vortex are fantastic! I do cooking for parties and such, so I purchased this cooker for those. My A1 Competition Smoker just doesn't turn out good chicken...

Back