Looking for a new stick burner....1/4 steel a must.

Hello all,
Again, thank you for all this great info!!

Alright...I'm bordering on obsession on this one....and I believe the Blue Smoke Smoker is on the radar now.

I'd emailed a list of questions to their website. Man, I wish these guys put a bit more effort into their websites, with better info, etc....

Anyway, Phil Kirkpatrick answered my email back and said for me to call him.
So, I'm making a list of my questions...many initial ones have been answered here (thank you)....

At this point, I think I can quickly gather the funds to get an order in...I'm trying to gather from posts here and other places from online searches about what all exactly options they offer...as that they don't list many of them on the website.

I've seen pictures of them with I guess you call it, a warming shelf on top of the firebox....but that's not on the site....I think I'd like that.

I don't see the option for a front shelf on the website like I've seen pictured here...so not sure if offered or if so, how much.

I'm curious if they charge sales tax for something purchased out of state....

And the big question mark is....how much for delivery. I live in the New Orleans area....so, not terribly far from the Dallas, TX area where I think they are.....but if this thing is close to 900 lbs...that's not gonna be cheap.

I've never had anything large delivered before, so I have no idea how that works, or who does that type thing.

But I'm drooling over this thing.

I've been watching endless YouTube videos on these higher end offset units, trying to lear how to control temp with fuel while keeping air flow wide open vs my old mindset of restricting airflow via closing vents.

Anyway.....I think I'm basically decided upon this:

Blue Smoke Smoker:

- Foldable stack (thinking this would help with any moves [I rent a house]) and finding a cover for it.

- Top Shelf
- Firebox Warming tray if offered

I'm debating on the front shelf if still offered, and also the Linseed Oil $100 option....wondering if it is worth it.? Anyone have thoughts on the Linseed Oil treatment vs just getting it raw and seasoning it with spray food oil and doing a burn in?

For those of you on there with BS smokers...what are you doing about a cover for something this large?

I live in the New Orleans area as mentioned before...and well, RAIN is a big part of our lives down here....even when not in "hurricane season" which lasts about half the year....so a cover is a must here with all the rain and high humidity.

Thank you again in advance,

cayenne

All of the items you mentioned should be available -

I like have the warming tray on my firebox - and really enjoy the folding front shelf

Would also consider getting a damper for the smoke stack

Linseed oil is pretty easy to do - but for 100 bucks I think he will do it - and it starts off looking pretty when you get it 😀

I have a cover for mine - I have the link and the measurements for it - not outrageous - about 250-300 dollars I believe

As for shipping - I think Phil uses U ship - puts it out to bid - but he would be the best to ask about that - I live in Dallas so we just ran over with a truck/trailer and picked it up

All of the items you mentioned should be available -

I like have the warming tray on my firebox - and really enjoy the folding front shelf

Would also consider getting a damper for the smoke stack

Linseed oil is pretty easy to do - but for 100 bucks I think he will do it - and it starts off looking pretty when you get it 😀

I have a cover for mine - I have the link and the measurements for it - not outrageous - about 250-300 dollars I believe

As for shipping - I think Phil uses U ship - puts it out to bid - but he would be the best to ask about that - I live in Dallas so we just ran over with a truck/trailer and picked it up

OH cool, thank you!

Could you post the link for that cover?

That price seems about in line with what I've seen for other smokers of comparable size....

C

Cover pics?

Here is the link to the cover that I purchased

I also have all of the measurements as well - yours would be a little easier since you are thinking of getting a collapsible stack

https://www.coversandall.com/grill-heating-covers/oven-smoker-covers/offset-smoker-covers-p

Again, thank you for all the help!!!

Do you by chance, have a photo of your BS smoker with the cover on it?

I spoke with Phillip at BSS yesterday, I think I'm about to pull the trigger here today....

cayenne

Thats a nice cover, how long have you been using that if you don't mind me asking? I will need a cover for my 1975 if it ever gets delivered. It will be in my garage when not in use so I'm not looking for storm protection just dirt and dust basically. Thanks in advance.

And Congrats to the OP on taking the big leap. Looking forward to seeing it in use.

Thats a nice cover, how long have you been using that if you don't mind me asking? I will need a cover for my 1975 if it ever gets delivered. It will be in my garage when not in use so I'm not looking for storm protection just dirt and dust basically. Thanks in advance.

And Congrats to the OP on taking the big leap. Looking forward to seeing it in use.

I have had the cover for about 18 months - other than some dust it’s as good as it was when I first got it

I want to say it also has a 10 year warranty - the cover - but don’t quote me on that !

Measurements...

Here is the link to the cover that I purchased

I also have all of the measurements as well - yours would be a little easier since you are thinking of getting a collapsible stack

https://www.coversandall.com/grill-heating-covers/oven-smoker-covers/offset-smoker-covers-p

Hello Hojo!!

Alright, well my BS Smoker should be coming here middle of next month. I'm looking to go ahead and order that cover.

I have the link here....but you mentioned the measurements you had too, can you post those?

I go to the link...and there appears to be some measurements there on the page, but not certain if those on the page are default values....or if you put in the measurements and that link is using your measurements....can you clarify?

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I"m looking at when I open your link.

Thank you again!!

cayenne

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 11.48.14 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 11.48.14 AM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 74
Hello Hojo!!

Alright, well my BS Smoker should be coming here middle of next month. I'm looking to go ahead and order that cover.

I have the link here....but you mentioned the measurements you had too, can you post those?

I go to the link...and there appears to be some measurements there on the page, but not certain if those on the page are default values....or if you put in the measurements and that link is using your measurements....can you clarify?

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I"m looking at when I open your link.

Thank you again!!

cayenne

I will shoot you a direct message

Back