First time stick burner

Well it's over and I'm happy with how it went, I don't know how many people showed up, don't think it was 150 as was planned for. The smoker ran great and I was able to hold temp over night well. My wife helped pull and also made the slaw. I got quite a few compliments on the pork, even a couple of best bbq they had, but that was from friends and neighbors.
I just used Bad Byrons rub on all of it to keep it consistent and wrapped at around 160 to 165. It was a lot of work and I had fun. I guess it was probably luck that it turned out the way it did or the Lang smoker is really that good, or both.
That leads to another problem, I had my mind set on a Shirley smoker when the time came, and now I think its coming sooner, but now I'm thinking that the lang is a possibility even though there are things I don't like about it, it sure turned out some good food.

Thank you to everyones advice and encouragement, y'all helped make it happen.

Glad to hear it was a success. Now you're hooked on live fire cooking. Good luck on the next smoker purchase.

Congrats on a great cook!!

And as for getting your own smoker...well, give yourself some time to think, and then go for what you think works best for you.

I'm in love with my BS smoker....you'll find one you love the same way!!

cayenne

Back