It's Steak and Potatoes for Dinner

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I've been missing from the forum for a bit, grilling has taken a back seat the past few weeks. I thought I'd be posting our Christmas Eve Taco bar but it was too hectic for picture taking. Still turned out awesome.

The first two weeks of the year were spent on vacation in Siesta Key FL. Nice to get away from the cold in New England and visit our favorite beach. Even though the driveway was cleared of snow while we gone, the grilling area was obviously left untouched. I haven't been able to get the area completely clear of snow and ice until this week and still haven't been doing much outdoor cooking. And I've been living the bachelor life for a week since my wife is off visiting with the grandkids. It's just me and the cat and she's fine eating food from a can. :biggrin1: However...

The grilling begins once again today, even if I'm only cooking for me. So here goes.

Picked up a nice strip steak marked down at Market Basket the other day -

EUqG9Md.jpg

Fired up the Weber -

3urVDIX.jpg

Seasoned and loaded up some Russets that needed to be grilled. (No, I'm not having 5 potatoes with dinner. :loco: ) -

LQInowk.jpg

The steak went on indirect until it hit a temp of about 120F, then onto the coals for a reverse sear -

EsRJtbR.jpg

ULPzsAm.jpg

Resting -

H9rKwjF.jpg

Sliced -

8WvydP8.jpg

Dinner for one is served -

p8nzPOS.jpg

K8m1IcT.jpg

iGk3URa.jpg

It's good to be grilling and even better to be posting once again. As always, thanks for checking out tonite's bachelor dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Last edited:
I was wondering where you went off to Dom - I missed your delicious food posts. Now you're back in full force and great to have you back! :clap2:

What's in store for the rest of those taters?

I was wondering where you went off to Dom - I missed your delicious food posts. Now you're back in full force and great to have you back! :clap2:

What's in store for the rest of those taters?

No idea. Maybe home fries with breakfast but that depends on the overnight icy weather if the Blackstone is used. Not that I can't cook indoors. Suggestions welcome!

And there he is.
Even the best dinner is lacking without the wife!
We spent a month just down the road in Nokomis 2 years ago, nice area.
Ed

Great choice - a good steak and baked potato just can't be beat. Those cast iron grates on your kettle did a great job.

No idea. Maybe home fries with breakfast but that depends on the overnight icy weather if the Blackstone is used. Not that I can't cook indoors. Suggestions welcome!

How about some nice crispy potato pancakes?

Looks like a great meal, but, why not 5 potatoes? My wife always gets on to me about eating too many carbs, but when she's out of town is when I can splurge. I'm glad to see you're back at the grill, right where you belong, I know things have come up in the past and you've taken breaks, so like everyone else, just happy for your return.

That looks great Dom! My vote for the extra potatoes is twice baked potatoes or potato skins Those are 2 of my favorites.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'm thinking either twice baked or potato skins for the leftovers. I was considering latkes but the skins wouldn't be used. I seasoned these in somewhat of an odd way, EVOO and some taco/Shawarma rub I conjured up for Christmas Eve. They turned out darn good.

Back