I'm thinking about getting a gas grill. Help talk me down!

Similar lineup to yours. I use whatever suits the cook and the time available, favoring the KBQ or BGE. But that little TEC gasser definitely gets used for quick cooks and sears. It's good to have the alternative when you're busy. So, you thinking seems on target. The Napoleon's are supposed to be very nice - or at least I've never heard an owner complain.

Yeah, you came to the wrong place to get talked down from a gasser. I'll put one of my gasser steaks against any other way you care to cook one.

m9IBzTG.jpg

Everything has its place in the cooking arsenal and that includes a gas grill. Toast’s steaks above should provide all the proof that anyone would need.

I have a smoker, a charcoal sportsmans grill, and a propane grill. I was a Weber man for 30+ years and loved 'em. Last one was a Genesis Gold NG which I left with the house we sold. Couldn't believe what happened to the Weber prices since 2003 when I bought the NG model and to get a US made, the price was $1500. Ended up getting a 4 burner 3 Embers Stainless Steel for less than half the Weber price and love it. 3 Embers are made in Texas. I cook steaks on the gas and charcoal grills and like both, same for burgers and chicken. Hope this helps.

I like my gasser........for reverse searing meat. The pellet grill gets the most use at my house. But before I had it I cooked on propane for years. That being said I don't have all that crazy of a schedule so time is not a major issue. Get one for the week days, you can't have to many options for cooking.

Gas grill gets most of the use during the week for sure and when my kids were younger, a lot on weekends as well. Only thing I’d suggest you reconsider is getting rid of the Yoder. My experience is that time only becomes more of an issue as they get a bit older and into activities. I wouldn’t have been able to do much in the smoking side without the Rectec when I had multiple kids soccer games each day on the weekend etc

I’m just down the road in Hamilton. I had a Napoleon prestige pro 500 and I’ll be honest... for the money I didn’t love it. I think dollar to dollar I prefer the Weber gas line better. When I began cooking with charcoal, I found a very different flavour from wood to gas.

I got rid of the gasser and added a pellet smoker to my line up and use that as my daily driver or smoker, I have two kamados and a pizza oven.

I always think about a gasser for my wife to use but I don’t think that I will go back. They are super convenient but after dropping down from 13 grills to 4, I can see number 5 being a stick burner and not gas.

My Traeger timberline has been awesome for the day to day quick cooks.

If you want me to hook you up with a great bbq store send me a private message... they are by far the best around!!

Think about all the money you would waste that you could have spent on meat and beer.

I always think about a gasser for my wife to use but I don’t think that I will go back.

I think a lot of husbands go this route and I wish my wife has the patience or wherewithal to go out back and start up my gas grill for some kbbq or even some hot dogs. I've been only married 5 years so I guess I can't say never yet...

Back