THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
Mexican Shredded Chicken

• 1 Tb olive oil
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 Red bell pepper diced
  • 1 pablano pepper diced
  • 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 3 or 4 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin on)
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilis
  • 1.5 Tb ground Cumin
  • 1 Ts chipotle powder
  • 1 Tb Oregano
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Water to cover chicken
  • 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
directions

• 1In a large stockpot, heat oil on medium heat. Add onions and peppers. Saute until soft. Add in garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, and oregano then saute for two minutes. Season chicken with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Add in chicken, bone side up and sear the breasts for 3 or 4 minutes.
  • 2Add in lime juice, can of Rotel, and enough water to almost cover the chicken. Cook on medium high for approximately one hour, stirring occasionally.
  • 3Pull chicken out of pot and set aside. Stir packet of seasoning into the water in the pot. Continue cooking liquid while preparing chicken. Pull the chicken from the bone, discarding cartilage and skin. Return chicken to the pot. Stir into mixture well. Turn down heat to medium simmer Continue cooking, without a cover, stirring frequently. The liquid should almost completely evaporate

Now make tacos, burritos, tortas, or eat it out of the pot like an animal. Thats what I did.... lol It is the best shredded chicken I have had one of the best meals I have cooked. Found a recipe I liked online and changed it to fit my tastes.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Sounds good! Thanks for the recipe, I'm adding it to my must try list!

Back