THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I think I am going back to bed now as there is no way I can compete with your breakfast Jeanie. Fantabulous!

Thanks Marty! lol I know better....you can cook circles around me! :grin:

4ever3 DANG!!!

Cowgirls on a ROLL!!!

Thanks Jeremy! These were pretty tasty... or maybe I was just hungry. :grin:

sudsandswine Impressive! Looks delicious

Thanks Suds! :-D

ModelMaker Well, and then there's that!!
Ed
:laugh: Thanks Ed!

Big George's BBQ OMG. You never cease to amaze me Absolutely OUTSTANDING and very Creative
Thank you George! I like eggs stuffed inside of an arepa. Simmering these in sauce added another layer of goodness. :grin:

frognot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
Well I think I am going back to bed now as there is no way I can compete with your breakfast Jeanie. Fantabulous!
That's why I had my Eggo waffle with peanut butter before opening this thread.

Asombrosa Jeanie!

Thanks Charles! :-D

Nice work!!

Thanks Smokey! :grin:

16Adams Nice, very nice

Thanks Adams! I think there is a chance of rain this weekend!

cpw WOW! That looks absolutely amazing.

Very kind of you Chad, thanks!

bowhnter It would have been impressive enough, but cooking the eggs inside the homemade tortillas, I have no words!

Thanks Mike! I'm trying to time it where the yolks are still a bit runny when I cut into them. So far the 4 minute cook time seems to be working. :grin:

Ya know, Jeanie, you could put up a tent in your pasture, and offer supper, a sleeping bag, and breakfast, and charge $1000/a night!
You'd be booked solid for at least a year in advance!

Ya know, Jeanie, you could put up a tent in your pasture, and offer supper, a sleeping bag, and breakfast, and charge $1000/a night!
You'd be booked solid for at least a year in advance!

Kind of you to say, Terry! I'd put people to work fixing fence, painting, etc.!:laugh:

Looks great as always! Isn't Maseca what you use to make Arepas? FYI, I've never successfully made arepas or tortillas. :noidea:

Thanks Terry! Bring beer. :laugh:

Looks great as always! Isn't Maseca what you use to make Arepas? FYI, I've never successfully made arepas or tortillas. :noidea:

Thanks Andy! Maseca can be used to make arepas. I've been using yellow PAN too. It turns out well for me.

Here is a link that sort of explains the difference..

https://www.thewellflouredkitchen.com/the-different-types-of-maseca-and-their-uses/

The gold bag of Maseca that I used for this cook and I use for tortillas, is an "alkalized" corn flour. It seems to "puff" better. imo

Hope you have good luck with it!! :grin:

Like everything you make, looks awesome.

Love eggs sunnyside up for the runny yolk. How do you gauge cook time for eggs in a tortilla to get runny yolk? Think I'd either over or under cook.

Wow Jeanie. I've never seen nor heard of anything like that around these parts. Sounds really good. Beautiful work, as usual!

Good grief!!...Miss J....you do know if we ever have the “The Big One”, lots of brethren will be looking to you to be The Zen Master!!!!!!!!........Excellent post as always!!!! wicked good!!!!!!!!....I do love eggs!!!!!

Thanks Keith!! You're too kind..sending (((HUGS))) from Oklahoma! :grin:

food4thot Like everything you make, looks awesome.

Love eggs sunnyside up for the runny yolk. How do you gauge cook time for eggs in a tortilla to get runny yolk? Think I'd either over or under cook.

Thanks Erik! I love runny eggs too, but I have to have the white cooked. lol
You can experiment and cook these stuffed tortillas anywhere from 3 minutes to probably 5 or 6. So far 4 minutes has been working OK for me. The coals were pretty HOT. It would be easier to control the outcome on a regular stove.
This pic kind of shows the runny yolk ...

rqsfSdF.jpg

The second tortilla I cut into, the egg was better. I don't know why I didn't take pics of it. Guess I was hungry. :laugh:
If you were cooking one or two at a time instead of a pan full, it would be easier to get the timing just right. :grin:

Hope you give it a try!

Back