THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
I picked up a 20 lb Fricks whole ham and I want to smoke it for Sunday afternoon. I want to start it Saturday night on my pitboss and wake up sometime to put it in a warmer (I have a busy morning). Directions say 15 to 20 min a lb, at 325°. What if I smoke it at 200°? Do you think I should I plan on 30 min a lb? I thought it would need to be cooked to 140° internally but directions say 130° so I will shoot for 125 and then glaze it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
That ham is fully cooked so you could serve straight out of the fridge but they're better warm. I can't really help with time but would start early and hold if necessary. Heating to 140°F certainly won't hurt it either.

I have double smoked spiral sliced ham in the past and had great results. Just never a whole one. I though they were like bacon. Semi cooked and needing to come to temp.

Back