THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I tried the Jalapeno Bourbon baked beans over the weekend and I thought they were pretty good, the spice was up there but not too much for me. I had to prepare a pan of regular beans for the folks that didn't like spicy, and therein lies the only issue I have with them. The Bush's on the left had far more beans and less liquid than the Jalapeno Bourbon on the right. The Bush's gives you more bang for the buck, especially if you have a crowd to feed, but I really like the Jalapeno Bourbon beans, and when I get the urge, I will be buying them again. Next up, the Chipotle :heh:

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_173123954_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230825_173123954_HDR.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 133
So it wasn't hot enough here in Northwest Arkansas last weekend, so I went down to Dallas for a little taste of the heat down there. Found myself wandering around inside a H. E. B. in the Frisco area Friday afternoon, delirious from the heat and drooling over their meat counter (aged beef:shock:) and more different brands of sausage and varieties than one can imagine.

After coming back to my senses, and my wallet still in my pocket, I made my way over to the bean aisle and found four different varieties of the Saucy Spoon brand. In addition to the two listed at the top of the post I bought Applewood Smoked Bacon and Sweet Hickory.

Tried the Jalapeno Bourbon tonight. Without a doubt the best canned baked bean I've ever had although I think my Covid tongue caused a slightly bitter aftertaste. Looking forward to trying the next three flavors.

H. E. B. kinda ranks up there with Bucees in the wow factor.

Heb

I agree on HEB. That meat counter is magical. Living in the grocery wasteland of SW OK, I leave a yeti in the truck when I head to TX.

So it wasn't hot enough here in Northwest Arkansas last weekend, so I went down to Dallas for a little taste of the heat down there. Found myself wandering around inside a H. E. B. in the Frisco area Friday afternoon, delirious from the heat and drooling over their meat counter (aged beef:shock:) and more different brands of sausage and varieties than one can imagine.

After coming back to my senses, and my wallet still in my pocket, I made my way over to the bean aisle and found four different varieties of the Saucy Spoon brand. In addition to the two listed at the top of the post I bought Applewood Smoked Bacon and Sweet Hickory.

Tried the Jalapeno Bourbon tonight. Without a doubt the best canned baked bean I've ever had although I think my Covid tongue caused a slightly bitter aftertaste. Looking forward to trying the next three flavors.

H. E. B. kinda ranks up there with Bucees in the wow factor.

Back