Head flunky & bottle washer reporting for duty!

locolobo

is one Smokin' Farker
As always, I was ready and willing to get into the kitchen this mornin when Mrs Lobo started @ 5 am. and as usual I was in her way. I would pop in every once in a while and wash pots, pans and utensils. She doesn't gripe about that. She finally gave me the important task of opening the 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup for the Green bean casserole, "and add a can of milk and stir it up with the whisk". "Oh and turn on the burner on low". Yes Ma'am.
While she wasn't lookin and without her supervision I started getting the spices ready, the baking dish cleaned and the green bean cans open when she told me I was doin it all wrong and to get outta her kitchen.

Well, back to chief flunky! Y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

The good thing is Nellie is working today so as something gets dirty it gets washed and put away, unlike other days around here.

Actually been an eye opening experience today for the both of us. She "let me" help out. Also she told me that she actually liked a lot of the things I've cooked in the past. Also told me she was getting tired of the marathon holiday cooks and was glad to have some help. I didn't mention that she could have had the help all along had she not been so snobbish.
I actually prepared the turkey and ham for the oven with a lot of her help (advice). We had a pretty good banter going back and forth and it was fun.
Hopin we can keep this up for future cooks! Hangin around, listening to some classic rock waitin for things to come together. Still waitin for the final results but lookin good so far. And the kitchen is clean, should not take much to straighten everything up when it's all over. Maybe she will see
I can find my way around a kitchen after 35 yrs.

Last edited:
Back