First Tri-Tip!!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Bought a 3lb Choice Tri-Tip at Fareway for $2.99lb. Too much meat for the two of us, so cut it into 3 pieces (phallic portion in two, nut sack portion left whole for a company cook) vacu-sucked the remaining two pieces.
Dry brined with S & P for two hrs. in the fridge, put on Performer fat cap down, (why has nobody mentioned it has a nice thick fat cap?) and let go until I flipped after fat cat had a nice crust. Pulled at 160* VS 135*(having Gimlets while computering!) didn't come out too bad after the rest.
Plated with hash brown patties, whoresradish and a nice Blue Cheese side salad and a glass of box Burgandy. Wasn't perfect, my stuff never is per the Mrs., but good enough to build on for the other two pieces.

Not too bad color after rest!

It passed for food!

The meat in the bag is a brisket point I'm turning into square ends for the family all meeting here at the lake for fireworks!

Ed

You paid $2.99/lb. Saw one locally yesterday--which doesn't happen to often--it was $8.79/lb, and was on sale. :shocked:

Regardless, yours looks good!

Dry brined with S & P for two hrs. in the fridge, put on Performer fat cap down, (why has nobody mentioned it has a nice thick fat cap?) and let go until I flipped after fat cat had a nice crust. Pulled at 160* VS 135*(having Gimlets while computering!) didn't come out too bad after the rest.

Tri-tip can come untrimmed or trimmed. And sometimes you can find them packaged three to a pack.

SgDukj9.jpg

looks good from here! Very nicely done for a first go at it.

Back