THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seavandal

Found some matches.
[FONT=&quot]Howdy all. It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd post a new find that I came across today and bought. It is a Diem Kamado. I have been looking for one for years but haven't found one until now. It is in pretty good shape. It needed a good scrape with a razor blade cleaning on the inside, and a little scrubbing on the outside. It is missing the original cap, but has an Imperial Kamado damper replacement that looks vintage. It is also missing the lower damper door. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have looked around for pictures of the bottom door cover but have only seen the cover from the outside. Apparently, there is a spring clip that holds the cover in place. I need to see the spring clip to make a new cover. I have included a picture of the door cover that I found on the net.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The charcoal fire box is sort of a metal deep dish with holes in it. It is lightly rusted but has lots of miles on it to go. The grate cleaned up nicely. The wagon has a Kinuurayaki Pottery label on it, so, maybe an upgrade when they bought the replacement damper top? The wagon seems to be in great shape with all the wheels working fine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Overall, it’s a nice cooker with a slight crazing to the glaze finish. I decided to leave the years of patina on it. I did steel wool everything, wire brushed a few parts in the wagon and on the bands and metal parts. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think I'll give this Kamado a test drive this weekend with some chicken thighs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am happy to have this one. I have two grey Kamado cookers that are cool but kind of ugly. This one is bright and cheery. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do have 4 Sazco cookers: A yellow Sultan, a yellow Genie, a blue Genie, and a red Genie. This one fits right in with them. My wife, of course, doesn’t understand the need for another one![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe the Diem Kamado was the first Kamado that Richard Johnson made with Rhodesian mineral materials. It is probably made with the same materials as the Sazcos. Good quality stuff![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are a few pictures of the Diem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chris [/FONT]

Attachments

Back