Commercial BBQ Sauce / Liquid Smoke

Do you like to use BBQ sauce containing liquid smoke?

• No way, are you joking?

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Yes, I like to cover up the taste of my BBQ with it!

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
I didn't vote because the two choices didn't fit my answer. All I use is mass produced/commercial bbq sauces. I just doctor them up to suit my taste buds...and the judges too...:cool:

Ditto #2
I make my own Eastern Carolina Sauce though.... no LS in mine! The mild version for my wife,....little LS. For her taste bud enhancement only!:twisted:

I make my own sauce. Use it at the markets and for catering. Occasionally sell jars of it. Took 5 years to come up with the recipe.

No liquid smoke.

I use mostly commercial sauces, and some contain liquid smoke for flavor. I gave a go at making sauce a few years ago. No point really, not worth my time or $$ now. I have a private label for the sauce I use now. All my guests love what I serve them, so no point re-inventing the wheel.

Besides my catering insurance prohibits me from making and using home made sauce unless it is made at a inspected USDA kitchen, and there is no way I will risk losing my licence and insurance by making an extra 2 bucks off sauce.

I don't care for smoky flavor that overpowers the meat in sauces. I smoke meats for the smoked meat flavor. LS, whether it's used in the sauce or not, doesn't bother me as long as I can still taste the meat.. I want the smoke from the meat, not the sauce. It seems a person would assume everyne will add sauce to every BBQ product. Then they can cut down on the smoke on their foods.

This is causing the downward spiral of places like Shane's Rib Shack, Famous Dave's , Sonny Bryant's, etc.

The smoke isn't where it should be.

Back