THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

riseabove50

Found some matches.
So I may have the opportunity to move from Houston TX to Denver CO. But i have concern over the availability of wood for smoking. In Tx oak is everywhere and all you have to do is wait for a heavy storm to knock a tree down and youre good for a while. But i dont know what types of wood are plentiful and available in the denver. As i described, im kinda cheap and an opportunist when it comes to wood. What types of smoking woods are in the denver area and does anyone have any advice on how i would go about acquiring some besides going to the local bbq wood vendor (which is always my last resort) and paying for overpriced wood?

Unfortunately you have to buy wood here or wait until someone posts a downed apple or cherry tree on Craigslist. Bring as much as you can with you!!!

Until you mentioned not wanting to go a local wood dealer, I was going to mention Franktown,... but I'll give them a plug anyways as they are nice folks. Any at least you would be able to pick up yourself and save on shipping. Rocky Mountain BBQ Association members get a discount.

You might try looking at the RMBBQA facebook page, for information on hardwood too.

I have never been to Colorado, but I would have to guess if you want wood, you will get it. Just put an add on Craigslist that you are looking for Oak and offer to cut down a tree or two for free. Hell I just paid a guy last year to take out 5 Oaks. There was a Tornado last summer and damn there was wood up and down the main roads here for weeks. Was a smokers delight!

Back