THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5a4d43fd364226ca0afcbc2d71cce1ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double wall with Air Gap - No Insulation (I don't think)

$299-$329 reg Price - I paid $149 on Clearance at Aldis grocery 2 years Ago.....
Double wall is basically insulated by hot air. Anyhow I have utmost respect for your opinion but I think comparing the Kamander to the Summit is a more fair playing field. The Summit is hollow wall with hot air insulation. The ole single wall Weber kettle is tried and proven but not in the same league.

It’s a good value....is it a 22 inch grate? Does it burn pretty clean at lower smoke temps or does it do better at higher temps?

20" grate. I've smoked brisket, ribs and meatloafs on it several times - no issues. Only Real complaint is top damper gets gunked up and stuck - gotta clean it up from time to time or sometimes just get it Hot and it frees up.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8BnDx02as

Double wall is basically insulated by hot air. Anyhow I have utmost respect for your opinion but I think comparing the Kamander to the Summit is a more fair playing field. The Summit is hollow wall with hot air insulation. The ole single wall Weber kettle is tried and proven but not in the same league.

True but $1200 Price difference and I own a Kettle and the Kamander but not a Summit.........

I owned the akorn and it was great. Was pretty much set it and for get it when smoking using the IQ pitmaster. I don't see a reason to get any of the high dollar kamados when the akorn/kamander work so well. With that being said if I had to pick just 1 grill it'd be my 26 weber kettle.

I have never used a Kamander, but I do have a small Akorn in the camper that I use every now and then..I would MUCH rather use that than my Jumbo Joe I have..it just works better in all facets IMO.

I had recently bought a Weber Performer to see if I wanted to leave the Pellet world and go back into charcoal and wood and while it works well with the slow n sear, and is very versatile, it never got hot enough for a good sear for me. Nothing like a kamado or my M1, or my Memphis Elite honestly. I doubt I use the Performer again since I got the M1...it is heading to the shed and will likely go down to the other house..or maybe posted on Marketplace. I, obviously, am in the minority when it comes to Weber products:)

Each cookers performance is unique to it's style and construction. Nothing compares to the simplicity and durability of a Weber kettle. It doesn't matter how many other cookers I have, if I could only have one it would be a kettle.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Back