THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I had one of the original Blackstone 36" griddles with the bunk front grease drain. I stored it on an uncovered deck, and felt between the cleaning and wanting to keep the griddle top (heeaavy) indoors when I wasn't using it, it was too much a pain to use. Moved to a new house and I have a screened in sunroom, so I told myself if I ran across one of those sweet Walmart closeout deals I'd jump.

Well, Walmart didn't put it on sale but Menards did on a stainless steel model. I find myself having less time to "grill" and am in the midst of a cooker consolidation, considering most of my complaints around the Blackstone involved the front drain (made a mess) and where I stored it, I thought I'd give it a whirl. The rear grease drain is a 110% improvement over the original and I can clean it up in about 5 minutes using the same chainmail scrubber I use on my cast iron pans.

By the way...these tortillas from a college town just west of KC....so good. I've eaten a looot of tortillas in my day and these are the best. They have pork fat, duck fat, and avocado oil options, and ship them...Caramelo tortillas, give em a whirl.

Last edited:
A very nice comeback and the the food looks killer. Now if we can get some corn like that out here. :tsk:

Oh heck yeah!!! I’m telling you, the more I cook on griddles (going on 5 years now) the more I fall in love with that style of cooking. So simple and soooo good!!

Oh heck yeah!!! I’m telling you, the more I cook on griddles (going on 5 years now) the more I fall in love with that style of cooking. So simple and soooo good!!

The extra real estate is nice compared to pans on the stove, also the thermal mass of the big hunk-o-metal + 4x gas burner BTU's means it's a lot harder to drop the temp too low where you get a steam-off instead of the nice sear. :clap2: I have an electric glass cooktop inside so it only does so much.

Looks great and thanks for the link on the tortillas. I've been looking for something fresh out here and can't find anything.

Glad you like the new design on the drain too. I don't use mine a ton and deck is already a mess and needs to be resurfaced. Whichever of those situations changes first will be a trigger to go look for the new version.

If you end up ordering some, be sure to let me know what you think :thumb: normally I care more about what is *in* the tortilla and the tortilla is just a vessel to get that thing into my mouth, but these are really good.

Don’t get me wrong - I like a burger as much as anyone. I was prepared to vote for the breakfast cook though, but then I scrolled down and saw the tacos. Now I just don’t know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back