THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
Hmmm... Let's see if I remember how to post one of these cooks. It's been awhile but should be like riding a bike, right?

Yesterday was my birthday and every year we celebrate it by having family over for a combo Christmas / birthday "roast beast feast". This year the affair was a little smaller than normal with only my daughter, SIL, mother, wife and yours truly in attendance.

We picked up a 5 pound roast from the small (loin) end cut and tied to the ribs, seasoned generously with salt, pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, savory herb blend and a little brown sugar.

7JpweWZ.jpg

Onto the oval at 3:15 PM running +/- 250 degrees with a few chunks of red oak (no clue why the pic is so tiny)

m5GJFKN.jpg

About 2-1/2 hours later, off it comes at 128F.

qIMD5fp.jpg

Another tiny pic showing what's left after a 30 minute wait and carving it up.

AMooBHn.jpg

And the plated shot with twice baked spuds, salmon and Cesar salad. The picture was rushed and marginal, but the natives were getting restless, pounding their utensils on the table and chanting EAT, EAT, EAT... :mmph:

wkAXJcx.jpg

The roast was very flavorful and moist, albeit cooked to a little higher temp than preferred to appease the natives.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is having fantastic holidays! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back