Birthday party for my Mom

RNF

Knows what a fatty is.
Today is my mother's 83rd birthday and I usually take her out to eat but this time I asked her if she would like to have a party at home. At first she said lets go out and was but after she thought about it a couple of days she called and told me she wanted a party.

This morning I was up starting the fire at 3:20 AM and put two briskets on at 5:AM. Around 11 I will add three sets of spare ribs and then a turkey in the Big Easy around 1: PM.

Sides will be Kari's hog apple baked beans, potato salad, mac n cheese, collard greens and a slaw.

Briskets seasoned and ready to add to the smoker.
IGraSEt.jpg

Ribs that will go on later.
INnq2op.jpg

And the turkey injected and seasoned.
YlVocJr.jpg

Nothing like cooking for a loved one. Happy birthday to your mom and may she have many ( healthy) more!

• Thanks
Reactions: RNF
What a great way to celebrate! Belated Happy Birthday to your mom. The food looks fantastic!

• Thanks
Thank you for the inspiration. My my mom has passed but my dad will also be 83 on his next birthday and I think I too will do a cookout. Your cookout looks awesome and I hope your mom had a Happy Birthday.

Yes! Looks like a fine group of folks to celebrate.

If anyone left the party hungry, they sure had to work at it!

Thanks for taking us along with you.

• Thanks
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it was a good night. Mom was still talking about it this morning.

You Sir are a good Son raised by a good Family. All looks Great and the look on Mom's face says it all. Happy Birthday to her and Merry Christmas to all!

• Thanks
Back