Best Pellet Smoker Regardless Of $

But I have a question for those who have had one. Is an additional vent pipe required, or can it be used as is? They are pretty vague about that.
No additional vent required, I just have a vent cap that I put on it when not in use to keep any critters out. I believe the additional vent pipe is meant for restaurant installation so it can be vented outside or into a hood.

Although there have been a few people on the Cookshack forum that went all out and got the chrome exhausts from I80 Truck Stop.

FEC_w_full_exhaust.jpg

FEC_w_short_exhaust.jpg

How does the PG500/1000 compare to the fec100 for home use?

Nevermind, think I found what I was looking for :doh:

Last edited:
How does the PG500/1000 compare to the fec100 for home use?

Nevermind, think I found what I was looking for :doh:

PG500/1000 are pellet grills/smokers. PG500 is uninsulated, PG1000 is larger and insulated. FEC100 is purely a smoker.

PG500/1000 are pellet grills/smokers. PG500 is uninsulated, PG1000 is larger and insulated. FEC100 is purely a smoker.

Thanks, both look like a winner. It looks like the FEC100 would double as a warming oven.

One other thing, grate depth is important. The Mak's grates are 21.5" deep which allows you to lay ribs front to back. Most pellet grills aren't that deep, including Fast Eddy's last time I looked at it.

Fec

Mine has a sheet metal 90 the previous owner added but it cooks fine without.

I like the FEC100 the best. Plain and simple and I can use WiFi units that I already have if I want to monitor it. I don't think there would be much of a need for me to control it remotely. Everything I have read about it on this and other forums has been nothing but positive.

But I have a question for those who have had one. Is an additional vent pipe required, or can it be used as is? They are pretty vague about that.

Well, now I am stuck. I was watching videos of the FEC100 and noticed one on the sidebar about the LSG 20x42. It has so many more uses and the fireboard looks like it would be easy to use. Plus with the off-road package, I could pull it off the patio while cleaning. What to do, what to do, lol.

Back