THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

madmike

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Mike
Has anyone put a stock pot on their 22 inch weber kettle for smoking? I built a 14 and 18 smoker with a Smokey joe and a jumbo joe, I would like to build a 22 inch one. Thanks

Easier and cheaper DIY option for a "22 would likely be cutting down a 55 gal barrel. They typically go for 20$ or so around me and are the same diameter, depending on where you cut (ridges or not). There are probably a few threads on here where others have done it already. Only thing to look out for is what was previously stored in them / any liners. Usually a good burn or grind will take care of it. I have a guy who has a bunch that used to hold isopropyl and lets em go cheap.

Probably cheaper and easier for DIY than finding a 22" stainless stock pot.

If wanting to go the stock pot route, I'd look into the sizes of some of the Turkey Fryer / Crab / Cajun boil pots that are sold by companies like Cajun Bayou etc. They have some pretty massive pots.

Back