THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
I'm really loving my new Kamado. So far I've done 5 major cooks on it, and have been nothing but blown away at how juicy and tender meat comes out. Last night was no exception!

The missus picked up a small pork butt, which I annointed generously with Moose's Rib Rub #2. After the Kamado came up to temp (275 degrees), on it went, along with some Kiawe and Pecan wood for smoke:

After about an hour:

Two hours in, then flipped:

Four hours in, and developing crispy goodness on the outside: :mrgreen:

Another 30 mins, I pulled the meat, and we let it rest foiled for about an hour.

The meat came apart like buttah:

At this point, it was time to warm the tortillas. Usually we make our own, but our local Mexican market was out of fresh white masa, so I opted for 1 hour old freshly made tortillas:

Into the warmer they go:

Tacos all plated up, with fresh homemade pico de gallo and salsa verde:

They were delish! :nod:

Not bad for a rookie! :-D

I'll take three, please!

Well, the Kamado gives me a distinct advantage now that I've been put in my place and learned that I can't control my leaky WSM.

:heh:

Where pray-tell are you getting kiawe in LA?

A fellow Brethren (Saiko) sent me some a few years ago and I loved it. After I ran out, I bought some more on Ebay. In fact, there's an ebay vendor selling some now if you look it up.

Those look great! So, what's your favorite cooker now?

Well, that's a good question. I've certainly become enamored with the Kamado as a smoker, but the UDS is my go to chicken cooking machine for Roadside and rotisserie. And of course, I love the Kingsford Oval.

The leaky WSM is currently at the bottom of the list at the moment.

:laugh:

Try them with a little sauce too and some some thin crispy onions/rings. Awesome that way too!

Looks good!

Back