The 10 Best Pellet Smokers and Grills You Can Buy in 2021?

Looks like the author of the article got his high school senior paper done just in time.
I could not disagree more with his "top ten"

But that wood better be in a hole in the ground that you just dug, that's real bbq. If you're just using a stick burner, you may as well just cook with lump. :roll:

Best post in the whole thread!

Looks like the author of the article got his high school senior paper done just in time.
I could not disagree more with his "top ten"

Many of my former high school students had to write a 20-page thesis and defend it before questioners brought in from off campus, in front of an audience of fellow students, parents, and family. These papers were then sent out for binding and put on shelves in the school library.

Most "top ten" scribblers on YouTube would earn a D- where I taught.

Many of my former high school students had to write a 20-page thesis and defend it before questioners brought in from off campus, in front of an audience of fellow students, parents, and family. These papers were then sent out for binding and put on shelves in the school library.

Most "top ten" scribblers on YouTube would earn a D- where I taught.

A D?!?! You’re way to easy… lol.

I agree! Thats why I use 100% Hickory pellets in my recteq. :bow:

as fas as the 10 best pellet smokers, I agree its flawed when you leave out what we all know are some of the best cooker brands...

Stick burners make better BBQ, c'mon we all know this

But I like my pellets and my iPhone app and the convenience. I cook more often as a result.

Listen, I may be a single dude with no kids, but I also run a law firm and have employees, long hours, lots of stress and anxiety in my life. Doesn't help that I am usually dating some girl that's going to end up disappointing me. That's my life, I'm 41 years old and my life is chaotic. I go to CrossFit 5 days a week and work my butt off and BBQ is one of my few vices where I can pour a drink or four, relax, treat my lady or my friends or everyone, and just relax.

I roast my own coffee, and use a French press, because it's just better. I'm okay taking the time and effort in that realm. I'm sure a lot of you stick burners are drinking coffee I'd turn my nose up, but I won't, and don't.

But I don't reload my own ammo, because I've tried, and I just don't enjoy it and don't want to take the time. We all make our choices on how we spend our precious time and effort.

BBQ is something I enjoy, it's relaxing, but a pellet smoker is just easier and I'll use it 2-3 times per week. My Rec-Tec makes great food with minimal maintenance and it fits into my life.

So whether you're a dude like me, driving sports cars and just broke up with a 26 year old former beauty queen, or whether you're living the dad life working your butt off and being a husband and a father, the pellet smoker definitely allows us to enjoy our BBQ but also save some time and hassle and effort.

I love a pellet smoker, for that reason, and ultimately we all want to cook some great meat and shouldn't cause division over who cooks on what.

Just my opinion.

PitBoss should be much higher on that list. Having fallen for the Mak hype, I'm now even more a fan of PitBoss pellet smokers.

Stick burners make better BBQ, c'mon we all know this

But I like my pellets and my iPhone app and the convenience. I cook more often as a result.

Listen, I may be a single dude with no kids, but I also run a law firm and have employees, long hours, lots of stress and anxiety in my life. Doesn't help that I am usually dating some girl that's going to end up disappointing me. That's my life, I'm 41 years old and my life is chaotic. I go to CrossFit 5 days a week and work my butt off and BBQ is one of my few vices where I can pour a drink or four, relax, treat my lady or my friends or everyone, and just relax.

I roast my own coffee, and use a French press, because it's just better. I'm okay taking the time and effort in that realm. I'm sure a lot of you stick burners are drinking coffee I'd turn my nose up, but I won't, and don't.

But I don't reload my own ammo, because I've tried, and I just don't enjoy it and don't want to take the time. We all make our choices on how we spend our precious time and effort.

BBQ is something I enjoy, it's relaxing, but a pellet smoker is just easier and I'll use it 2-3 times per week. My Rec-Tec makes great food with minimal maintenance and it fits into my life.

So whether you're a dude like me, driving sports cars and just broke up with a 26 year old former beauty queen, or whether you're living the dad life working your butt off and being a husband and a father, the pellet smoker definitely allows us to enjoy our BBQ but also save some time and hassle and effort.

I love a pellet smoker, for that reason, and ultimately we all want to cook some great meat and shouldn't cause division over who cooks on what.

Just my opinion.

Can you send the former beauty queen my way? I'm close by. :)

I don't reload my own ammo.

Man card revoked!

No. Actually, neither do I. In fact (if you can you believe it), I've stooped so low that I now have someone else kill 99.99% of the meat I eat.

Must be soy or BPA or GMO or folate or something sucking the T out of me!

Last edited:
Back