First Annual Pacific Northwest Eggfest

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Pacific Northwest Eggfest Report w/pics

Saturday Sept. 15, 2007 was the 1st PNW Eggfest, held at Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah, Washington near Seattle. The Big Green Egg faithful were out in force on showing off their skills on the grills for the crowd.
I cooked a variety of chicken thighs on JD's Large Egg, while he wowed the crowd with his Jerk Wings and grilled Pineapple.
100_1913.jpg

100_1926.jpg

Of course the star of the show was DrBBQ who whipped up all kinds of delicious treats! Some the things flying off his grills that I can recall were Tri-Tip, Flat Iron Steak,griiled Pineapple and Baked Apples with Snickers and Marshmallows! (Apple S'mores)
100_1931.jpg

100_1925.jpg

Also in attendance was President of the Western BBQ Assn. KCBS Board Member and Brethren, Jim Minion!
100_1937.jpg

Also met brother "Hog-Q-Holic" and we talked Ugly Drums while DrBBQ autographed a few cookbooks.
100_1935.jpg

This is "Whack Masterson" and I think he was the hardest working guy on an Egg today, him and his wife were cranking out Pizzas, Foccacias and some other Italian things I can't pronounce. They made it look real easy and they were fantastic!
100_1950.jpg

100_1940.jpg

100_1936.jpg

Pretty much a grillfest a few folks were doing ribs Low n' Slow and my local Egg dealer Jim did some mighty fine Pork Butt and some Asian Five Spice BabyBacks.
100_1951.jpg

All the cooks had a great time, met a few folks from the neighborhood and I think a PNW bash could be in the works!

Hope you enjoy! Here are some more pics.
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/PNW Eggfest1/?action=view&slideshow=true

Brian

Last edited:
Awesome pics Brother...so this is where you wandered off to while I was slavin' over my hot Egg! LOL! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

John

Good Times by all! Brian, JD, HOG, looks like a lot of fun!

Brian I am in awe of your crew. Your like a Q' rock star or something brother.

Give us some dirt on Dr BBQ. Is he hookin up with Paris these days? Does he dispense dating advice for someone like say....Country?

Next time you see Mr. Minnion, please extend him my debt of gratitude for me and my ecb.

Back