Prime Rib - Attempt to duplicate earlier success

SoCalWJS

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Made the other half of this Choice PR last week and it was pretty bleeping Phantastic. Hurriedly made notes and am going to try to do it again. Photos this time. Just starting the process.
fed85c74414c31a415303f274bbb2c6f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slathered with the “Better than Bullion” beef/Worcestershire blend per the MAK website, now off to rest for awhile.
ff1d541078f9dd85c3e4d09e207026ca.jpg

Anybody have experience with this stuff? Was at HD and saw the blend and decided to give it a try. Pretty happy so far.
e7b589cf061b724f76454f867990eb56.jpg

Life is good....
4339c0457f53587172ea5b2e9d5e419c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

End result:

Flavor is absolutely spot on IMO. The Au Jus is/was delicious. The Creamed horseradish was great (and can bring out a bead of sweat below the brow if you want).

Quite a bit of work, but it is what I enjoy doing.

It's been a busy time for us (FINALLY looks like we're selling our old house. Got a good offer and they want a 19 day Escrow!. Taxes are due. Work for my Wife is insane. We'll breathe easier in a week or so - we needed a break. I've driven close to 600 in the last couple of days and close to 1500 the week before. Insane)

Leftover twice baked potatoes with the PR. Artichoke as an appetizer, then a green salad before the main course. Friends brought over a couple of pieces of homemade chocolate cake for dessert - that's next. Moscow Mules before dinner, Cab with the main course. Comfortably Numb.

Life is good right at this moment.

Last edited:
life is indeed good, and tasty looking

Looks about perfect to me. Would you mind sharing the recipes for the Aujus and the horseradish sauce.

Thanks,

Robert

Looks about perfect to me. Would you mind sharing the recipes for the Aujus and the horseradish sauce.

Thanks,

Robert
Thanks!

To the best of my recollection: Measurements weren't precise. At all.

Au Jus
Swansons Beef stock - 1/2 cup
Johnny's French Dip - 1/4 cup
Worcestershire - 1 Tbl

Heat to a simmer. Add 2 sprigs Rosemary & 1 Tbl butter. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove Rosemary, continue simmering. Add PR drippings from rest on cutting board (some beef juice, some from the coating). Serve.

Horseradish
Atomic Horseradish - 3 heaping Tbls
Sour cream - 1 Tbl
Mayo - 1 Tbl
Worcestershire - 1 tsp.

Back