THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Smoker is ready for pickup. Whoo hoo... leaving on a 2 day golf trip in the morning, heading to Atlanta to pick up the Limo Jr. Tuesday morning. Just in time too.... I sure picked the worst time to sell my Sniper stick burner and switch to a new pit. Missed both Memorial Day and 4th of July without a smoker. Have 2 parties (one birthday and one promotional party) scheduled in the the next month in the backyard, so I'll have to learn this one quickly. Tuesday can't get here quick enough.....

Awesome. I think you will like it. You are going from a nice stick burner to a gravity. Will be interesting to get your take after you get used to the Limo Jr.

Awesome. I think you will like it. You are going from a nice stick burner to a gravity. Will be interesting to get your take after you get used to the Limo Jr.

Got it home last night, will put up pics later today when I season it (if the rains hold off) My front yard is an extreme slope, so I had to get help to get it to the back. Yard was completely soaked to the point the turd tires sank immediately. So.... much to the wife's chagrin, up the driveway it was and through the house over the wood floors and out the back door. It was a comedy of errors, but it's home.

:clap:

I have owned pretty much every type of smoker that is made...water, offset, rotisserie, pellet, etc. I've only had my Limo Jr. for a couple of months but so far so good. I use a BBQ Guru so temp control is as easy as a pellet cooker but the product it produces is much better.

I move it around allot and use it in competition...the wheels it came with made putting in on/off the trailer a real pain so I contacted Southern Q and got the upgraded wheels. The new wheels are great, much easier to move on and off trailer and across grass.

I think you will like it allot.

:clap:

I have owned pretty much every type of smoker that is made...water, offset, rotisserie, pellet, etc. I've only had my Limo Jr. for a couple of months but so far so good. I use a BBQ Guru so temp control is as easy as a pellet cooker but the product it produces is much better.

I move it around allot and use it in competition...the wheels it came with made putting in on/off the trailer a real pain so I contacted Southern Q and got the upgraded wheels. The new wheels are great, much easier to move on and off trailer and across grass.

I think you will like it allot.

Love to hear about some of your cooks.

Got it home last night, will put up pics later today when I season it (if the rains hold off) My front yard is an extreme slope, so I had to get help to get it to the back. Yard was completely soaked to the point the turd tires sank immediately. So.... much to the wife's chagrin, up the driveway it was and through the house over the wood floors and out the back door. It was a comedy of errors, but it's home.

Looking forward to the pics.

Thats hilarious. I feel you on the hill. I live on an incline. Had to have 2 other guys help me get my IVS up the driveway. Its stored in the garage because I haven't yet wrangled enough bodies to get the 300 lbs further up the hill to the backyard lol. Glad you found a good solution & it didn't stay sunk in the yards. Congrats on the new unit! Hope it treats you well!

So here she is. Basically the same as everyone elses... with SS shelf upgrades and added shelf. Upgraded casters and added drip shelf. I have a question about the paint overspray on the inside of the door. Should I sand it off, take a torch to it and burn it off, or leave it alone and just season it. No idea if it will off-gas into the smoke during use.

Z7lvqgPh.jpg

2C7WBmnh.jpg

ECLafahh.jpg

zpDCw6Gh.jpg

4AvF7LBh.jpg

GaU9smSh.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great by the pool! Seems like everyone is getting the drip guard on the door now. I bet he makes that standard soon since he’s not charging for it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint overspray burned off during seasoning on mine. Crank it up into the 300 degrees area and it should burn away soon.

The Limo Jr. looks like it was made to fit where you have it. Pretty backyard you have.

Back