THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
All fired up after the PNW Eggfest yesterday, so I picked up a 3# Pork Loin Rib Roast dusted with a little Cajun seasonings and cooked it indirect on the Egg with BGE lump and Peach wood for smoke at @ 350* for 2.5 hrs and pulled it at 145* and foiled for about 30 minutes and sliced. It was very moist and tender with a nice smoke ring.
100_1956.jpg

100_1959.jpg

After seeing DrBBQ whipping up some Baked Stuffed Apples yesterday and all the kids hovering around his grill I whipped these bad boys out and cored them, stuffed a Snickers in them, topped with marshmallow, brown sugar and cinnamon and baked on the Egg for @ 40 minutes. I don't know what kind of apples I used and when I asked Ray what he had he didn't know either-It doesn't matter, my kids wolfed them down too!
100_1957.jpg

100_1958.jpg

Brian

Great looking roast for sure. If the kids wolfed them down.......then ya know ya struck gold......for sure.Great job.

nice!
a snickers? really? cool! i was looking at your pix of those that the dr made and was wondering what was in there. i'll be trying that fer sure this fall. :biggrin:

I just had spaghetti for dinner, it was good, then I see your pics, it doesn't taste as good anymore!
Nice job Brian! Do you have a recipe for that apple thingy? Would you be able to do it on a UDS or not enough heat?

nice!
a snickers? really? cool! i was looking at your pix of those that the dr made and was wondering what was in there. i'll be trying that fer sure this fall. :biggrin:

The recipe is in the first DrBBQ cookbook. Ray was using a melon baller and hollowed them out and used large marshmallows. I was lazy and used a corer and cut a section to plug the bottom, used snack size Snickers-Next time go big!!

Brian

Back