Yoder probe ports

Something like this?

dsc_1461.jpg

DSC_1465.JPG

Where did you get these ports at?

:grin: Wow, missed that completely! How embarrassing. But while I've got your attention, thanks so much for all the great posts on the YS 640 and YS 1500. They helped greatly with my decision to order a 640 last month.

You bet. You are in the motherland there. I was just there this past weekend. It would be dangerous if I lived that close to Yoder and ATBBQ. :cool:

Trust me, it is! :decision:

You've got that right! Sometimes I go down to ATBBQ just to browse and then end up chatting with the Carys and buying something.

Lol...well I ran up and picked up mine today:whoo: That store can put you into a BBQ buyin frenzy thats for sure.

I went ahead and had them install a second probe port just to be sure I won't have any issues. Made it to the house just in time to go to work:mad:

Will have to unload and burn it in tonight when I get home. Will break it in with some Butts tomorrow:grin:

Since I revived this thread it has some pretty good info! Will take some close ups of the ports and dimensions tomorrow...this is killin me sitting here at work knowing that my new toy is just sittin at the house:wacko:

She's beautiful...was born 8/15/2014 :tongue:

20140820_141845-L.jpg

Well sticking with the purpose of this thread...here is the scoop.

Ports have an inside diameter of 1/4 inch. Without the silicone plastic insert the inside diameter is just a grain of rub under 1/2 inch. I could have probably forced both ThermoWorks High Temp armoured probes thru one but I am glad I decided on the second port...it would be tight. I did fit both probes from my Maverick ET-733 thrrough the single port with ease.
20140821_151704-L.jpg

20140821_151352-L.jpg

With the nuts removed showing compression plastic and silicone core. Core inside diameter 1/4 inch. The

20140821_151434-L.jpg

Thermoworks (WD-08467-64) High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber Probe

20140821_151424-L.jpg

Thermoworks (113-178 ) Armored Smokehouse Penetration Probe

20140821_151511-L.jpg

With cores removed inside diameter approx 1/2 inch

20140821_151607-L.jpg

20140821_151751-L.jpg

All set up...burned in and ready to get some Butts tonight to serve as the American Legion Dinner special Friday night.

20140821_151735-L.jpg

Well sticking with the purpose of this thread...here is the scoop.

Ports have an inside diameter of 1/4 inch. Without the silicone plastic insert the inside diameter is just a grain of rub under 1/2 inch. I could have probably forced both ThermoWorks High Temp armoured probes thru one but I am glad I decided on the second port...it would be tight. I did fit both probes from my Maverick ET-733 thrrough the single port with ease.

For whatever reason the plastic inserts on mine do not open as much as yours. I struggle getting one mav 732 probe back out of the port with the plastic insert in place. Im going to contact atbbq to order some new inserts.

I was able to fit two Maverick probes and the Thermoworks (WD-08467-64) High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber Probe through one port. I tried fitting one Maverick probe with the Thermoworks Thermoworks (113-178 ) Armored Smokehouse Penetration Probe and it would not pass. My first cook on the YS640 went well...except I wiped all the pics on the phone by accident:oops:.

I have never smoked beans before...places them under 3 Butts on the top shelf after the Butts hit 150 and started to drip magic into the beans...of coarse I have never had a top shelf before now :-D

20140822_140047-L.jpg

Did take another photo after I had delivered all the food of the port with the three probes through it without removing the insert...no way four would have went without some serious force.

20140822_140037-L.jpg

I was glad the little tripod that I bought with the TW-8060 was stable on the wire shelves as well. Just ordered some 6 foot leads for the Maverick so it can be placed up front as well.

Back