will you still do smoking in north winter when cold windy snowing

GUYS, the OP was asking if we thought his product, made in China, would be useful here in the States. He's from China, was putting out a feeler, to see if there is a market for his product..

Well in the spirit of the comments...

I throw on my wool and danner's. drop a 12 pack in a drift, fire up the burn barrel, light the cooker, and wrench on something.

-D

We might be related. :laugh::thumb:

GUYS, the OP was asking if we thought his product, made in China, would be useful here in the States. He's from China, was putting out a feeler, to see if there is a market for his product..

Looks like there may or may not be. :decision:

I've had Germans and Brits give me funny looks as I'm out cooking in the snow, sleet, hail, rain, and snow.

MisterChrister has it right - Just a bit more charcoal and/or wood to keep the fires burning and the grub cooking.

Y'all have some right nice setups that I'd forgotten about or not seen before.

I grill/smoke all year long, no matter the weather conditions. Some of my best cooks and times are during the winter months. Every season is BBQ season in my book:eusa_clap

pellet goes into the shed for the winter and the UDS becomes the primary during the cold season. the smoker is the first thing (after the driveway) that i dig out after a snow storm.

I cook year round. With my cooker, the issue is in the summertime when the temps are highest, I can't keep the fire small enough. In the winter, I can have a nice hot burn, and she runs like a champ.

If you live in north of American, will you still do smoking in winter.

I am thinking to build a canvas tent, fire retardant, rain proof.
Built with high quanlity alluminum alloy pole, say diameter 33mm, wall thickness 1.5mm, alloy series of 6000 or 7000 which is for aeroplane.

The tent will be 6 feet wide, 8 feet long, 8 feet tall. The frame will be constructed by 12 pieces of alloy pole/pipe. Please find http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x40-party...134891?hash=item43ef920c6b:g:fi4AAOSwn8FXR2PL as a reference.

I expect price around US$500. Will you need it.

It looks a bit flimsy for $500. It might be good for keeping the rain off of you, but there are much cheaper solutions available.

It's amazing to see so many of you undeterred by the snow and cold! I started smoking Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys back in the '80's on a little Brinkmann smoker and I've been a year round outdoor cooker ever since!

in KY. we never know whether it's ice,freezing rain,snow or all of the above. I smoke...........and I have a nifty $1.00 rubber mallet should the smoker get iced in.:icon_smile_tongue:

Smoke Shed.jpg

This is the plan. Mine will be bigger, 10x20. I hope to have the project done by November 10. I just lined up the concrete.

When I first started smoking I had an R2D2 and live in Colorado. One year, I couldn't get the Thanksgiving turkey done in time due to weather. I ended up trying blankets, etc. over time. Feeding more charcoal was also a bad way to go since I lost so much time having to open it.

In short, I bought a Lg BGE and have never looked back. For us, it's truly a 12 month piece of gear. I think I've had it now maybe 6 years? It was worth every penny to me and I don't care if it's -10° or 90°, it just works for us.

Ceramics by any name just really work well in northern climates.

I have a small car port tent i put up to store the yard toys in winter.
I put my weber next to my firepit and make a fire next to me if its too cold.
Run a lot of charcoal tho

Back