will you still do smoking in north winter when cold windy snowing

47.7 degrees north here. I grill all year round but dont do as much smoking in the winter. The back deck is covered for the first 6 feet or so, which is enough cover for the gas grill and one of the WSM's.

Yes, love to smoke when it is cold. Do not know why. I had a temporary tent last winter that did not work out. This year I can not wait to see how my new structure will work out.

This was my first attempt at winter.
image_zpsq4gbsznq.jpg

This is what I built this past summer.
image_zpsfn7zsmlm.jpeg

Hopefully it will do the trick. Come on winter!

Yep, no problem smoking/grilling in the winter. Sometimes when the wind is brisk, it can be tough to keep temps up on the smoker (PBC), but you just open the vents a but more and figure a little longer cook time. Fall and much of spring I have no time on weekends to smoke, so part of summer and much of winter is all the time I have to get some butts or ribs on.

Though you are looking at weather, I would think this could be marketed to the comp smokers that want a fire proof structure at comps. Rain at a competition sucks.

I run a restaurant year round, so yes I smoke in all types of weather. I think the price point is high due to the fact you can get a metal cover carport for $700.

BBQ or grilling.... it is a year round affair. We never had a shelter or anything like that. Just more fuel. Growing up in Wisconsin, every Packer game, Badger bowl game.... or just plain Wednesday.... we were grilling or smoking something.

I do BBQ and smoke year round. Not as much in winter as summer because what I don't do is cook inside in the summer.

The Primo cooks year round in Michigan, but I don't. When the frost hits, we head south and cook on an Akorn in Florida.

smoke year round had to put chimney over smoke stack it would start to rain little creosote drops when the sheet metal would thaw out

Yes, love to smoke when it is cold. Do not know why. I had a temporary tent last winter that did not work out. This year I can not wait to see how my new structure will work out.

This was my first attempt at winter.
image_zpsq4gbsznq.jpg

This is what I built this past summer.
image_zpsfn7zsmlm.jpeg

Hopefully it will do the trick. Come on winter!

Great build. Hope you get to enjoy it this winter.

Smoke all year round. In the winter it takes a little while to warm all that metal up.

My old UDS was not much fun in the winter then I got my electric masterbuilt in December last year and have used it at well below zero. It is insulated on the sides and back but not the glass door. It holds temps just fine up to the 275 max on the thermostat. Works great for cheese too with the slow smoke attachment which you can either mount on the side or with a piece of duct for really cold smoke. Smoked ice cream anyone?

Back