Wife made me do it

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
So a little over year ago wife mentioned blackstones because her parents got one and the smash burgers were tasty. Never really thought anything of it because I didnt need one until yesterday when she wanted smash burgers and pulled the ol if you got blackstone we could. Well we attempted them on parents electric griddle and turned out ok. Today sitting around and started thinking that I went about this all wrong. Wife was telling me to buy a new grill and I was telling myself not needed. Well today I drove myself to wally world and picked up the basic 36”.(didn’t want the fancy ones with air fryer etc).

Seasoned and doing philly cheesesteaks tonight for maiden voyage
3db8f105e28fffe2398d54953509e51b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see many enjoyable cooks ahead of you. Congrats on the new addition and having a wife that insisted you buy one!

And there is a cast iron throw down going on until the end of the month….just sayin

Didnt get any pics during cook but oh man did these turn out amazing

Toasted hoagies on griddle followed by little mayo. I used meat slicer on ribeye and gave it a nice shave. Mixed in green pepper and onion with 3 slices provolone. Topped it off with cheddar cheese sauce

68b55b6bb6167b8dd112a476b0a3bbb1.jpg

Nice Philly cheesesteaks. But I can guarantee you - you'll have many great cooks on the flattop. In 30 days you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. You'll agree after the first big breakfast cook.

Breakfast cook was tonight for dinner. Bacon,eggs,hashbrowns,pancakes,biscuits and gravy. Biscuits only thing cooked in over.

Dinner menu this week

Tomorrow Hibachi
Tues-wings
Wed-french sips
Thurs-smash burger
Fri-fajitas

Havent been this excited in anwhile

Looks like you are settling right into that thing. The wife wanted it more than I did too. Took about year before we finally pulled the trigger and very happy we did

I don't use mine nearly as often as I should, but it is without a doubt the most FUN cooker I have.

Mine was also something that the lady pushed for. She wanted me to cook fajitas for her nieces baby shower, and she bought it for me. In hindsight I'd have rather bought a bigger one, or one that folded, or one that had a lid, etc. But, it's still awesome and has great results.

Thanks for this thread. Do burgers cooked on a Blackstone taste the same as those cooked over gasser fire?

Back