Wicked Good charcoal..are they still around?

They still carry the Weekend Warrior but haven't seen Jake's Blend in a long while. Have you ever tried Fogo brand charcoal? It is as good if not better, bigger chunks.

I bought a mixed pallet load of both not that long ago. Jake's blend is my favorite.

Looks like they're still open.

Jake's is top of the line, Wicked Good next in line.

Looks like they will re-open in August, click on order now and you'll find they no longer offer Jakes Blend...shame I never got to try it.

-D

Wicked good and wicked expensive. Don't get me wrong, great product but really proud of it. A buck a pound is to rich for my pay grade. Plenty of good options for half the price.

Really, I'm opened to suggestions and prices.

Wicked good and wicked expensive. Don't get me wrong, great product but really proud of it. A buck a pound is to rich for my pay grade. Plenty of good options for half the price.

In New England it was very competitive. Priced about the same as the others.

I am a fan of Wicked Good, But I've been using Rockwood for the past year and a half. I'm very pleased, good size chunks, mild flavor and very little ash. I get it at Reading China and Glass, also Firecraft.com ships free on orders of $100.

I am a fan of Wicked Good, But I've been using Rockwood for the past year and a half. I'm very pleased, good size chunks, mild flavor and very little ash. I get it at Reading China and Glass, also Firecraft.com ships free on orders of $100.

I wasn't pleased with the Rockwood at first. I ran out of fuel at 4AM on my BGE. This shouldn't happen. I finally realized it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention when lighting it and by the time I got back to it, my chimney handle was one fire and I had a huge blaze going. I probably used a lot of good fuel there. After getting the coals going again the heat lasted well past 6pm the next day when I shut it down. That's with me making many many moinks!

I quit using Wicked Good after they changed suppliers and the new batches were violently sparky.

I buy Fogo on whenever Amazon Canada feel kind enough to bless us with stock. Fogo is good but it's ash production is high and it struggles to burn hotter than 700 F.

Rockwood is hard to find up here. A lot Canadians lump. KJ lump is denser and a little better than Rockwood. It's a close call between the two.

Heard quite the story about Wicked good from a former distributor. They switched to Rockwood. Rockwood is good stuff.

Nope not even close. I get frontier, RO, and cowboy at half price than wicked any day of the week. Great product at twice the cost. Apparently YMDV

From what I have found with using Wicked Good Weekend Warrior as well as Kamado Joe Lump which both run about $1/lb vs Royal Oak, Cowboy, and Frontier is that that the WG and KJL last much longer than RO/Cowboy/Frontier.

Sure you pay more upfront for the WG and KJL, but you use less of it for the same amount of cooks. I have had bags of WG and KJL last 2-3 times as many cooks as RO/Cowboy/Frontier.

I agree, WG burns a lot longer than others for me. I actually prefer the Weekend Warrior to Jake's Blend. It has a great aroma. I am splitting a pallet with some buddies later this month. It will work out to just over $16 a bag including shipping.

It's too bad Wicked Good hurt their rep in Canada with the junk they shipped in 2013 and 2014. WWB has been too hard to come by in Canada since 2015. Outside of Toronto and Vancouver, no else carries WWB anymore.

Back