Wicked Charcoal

It is very good stuff, and quite expensive. Here is a link to the Whiz's lump charcoal data base. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm You will find that there is no one "best" charcoal".

I use Royal Oak (R.O.) most of the time and Ozark Oak now and the when I want to spend the $$$

I recently found a local source and I'm hooked. I paid $23 for a tall bag (I cant remember how many lbs. I want to say 20-25). So it is more expensive but it's not too bad.

But here's the thing about Wicked Good: The pieces are huge and dense. Compared to Royal Oak (which was my brand of choice) it takes forever to light, but once you get it lit it burns a long time. I love it.

So would say a 10 lb bag of wicked good last longer than another brand both beind 10 lb bags? Why is the price so much is it because say a wicked good 10lb bag last as long as a 20 lb bag of something else? Does it burn longer to cut down on adding charcoal every 2 hours?

So would say a 10 lb bag of wicked good last longer than another brand both beind 10 lb bags? Why is the price so much is it because say a wicked good 10lb bag last as long as a 20 lb bag of something else? Does it burn longer to cut down on adding charcoal every 2 hours?

Yes.

IMHO it's worth the extra $. But, if you couldn't find it local and had to add shipping $, that would take it over the top.

Back