Why the Pit Barrel Cooker Works

Yes I've been hearing (reading really) about your "secret weapon" for awhile now. It's time to fess up and tell us how your making them ribs look that good in less than 2 hrs......

Fess up fess up :heh:
I'll guarantee that in a year you'll see first hand. I'm planning on getting some brethren in on some R&D homework I have to get done. It'd be alot simpler if I had fabrication skills but unfortunately I don't .

I dont see what all the fuss is over. Whether the pcb or standard uds is better is irrelevant. Anyway you cut it barrel cookers are inferior to all other smokers except maybe the ecb. the thing i hate about drums the most is the dirty looks they give me.

I'll guarantee that in a year you'll see first hand. I'm planning on getting some brethren in on some R&D homework I have to get done. It'd be alot simpler if I had fabrication skills but unfortunately I don't .

Oh boy, I hope you didn't built/test something that looks like a UDS but cooks faster but with better results flavor wise. It'll never sell to people who don't wanna or can't build a UDS but just wants great tasting bbq. :becky:

I dont see what all the fuss is over. Whether the pcb or standard uds is better is irrelevant. Anyway you cut it barrel cookers are inferior to all other smokers except maybe the ecb. the thing i hate about drums the most is the dirty looks they give me.

Hey Ninja, where were you during my live PBC cook last week?

Oh and you are wrong about barrels. Just because I say so! :rolleyes:

You know what! I just made some awesome margaritas in the vitamix and after a few it hit me. I'm gonna cook some damn chicken in the PBC. Why? Just to show you boys and girls it's best. Now I don't have Kingsford and I don't want and....Stubbs is better and I know so. Why? Because I know what tastes good in my mouth you dont! I'm firing up the PBC as I type this with Stubbs and apple chunks. Rubbed the chicken with Ployboys, which by the way is the best rub for chicken. Why? Because I say so and I know what tastes best in my mouth. When it's all done I'll let you know that the PBC is the best cooker...why? Because that's what I have and that's what I cooked on. Beat that fellas! Now where'd I put that margarita? :shocked:

You know what! I just made some awesome margaritas in the vitamix and after a few it hit me. I'm gonna cook some damn chicken in the PBC. Why? Just to show you boys and girls it's best. Now I don't have Kingsford and I don't want and....Stubbs is better and I know so. Why? Because I know what tastes good in my mouth you dont! I'm firing up the PBC as I type this with Stubbs and apple chunks. Rubbed the chicken with Ployboys, which by the way is the best rub for chicken. Why? Because I say so and I know what tastes best in my mouth. When it's all done I'll let you know that the PBC is the best cooker...why? Because that's what I have and that's what I cooked on. Beat that fellas! Now where'd I put that margarita? :shocked:
Now that is the BEST rant I have ever heard lol. Nothing wrong with that. Mainly I just want an excuse to see more bashes and maybe some cooking competition. I expect pron when you are done though. :clap2:

I disagree. Now pour me one of those margaritas from that inferior wanna be Ninja blender of yours

By the way, just because you guys had me fired up, I added some HDD (Habanero death dust for you newbies) to one of the chicken thighs. That one is mine! :thumb:

Last edited:
Now that is the BEST rant I have ever heard lol. Nothing wrong with that. Mainly I just want an excuse to see more bashes and maybe some cooking competition. I expect pron when you are done though. :clap2:

What Rusty Kettle asks for Rusty Kettle gets.....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209179

you know, as long as it pics of a cook I'm already planning to take pics of........:bow:

I need another margarita!

My drum has the new limited edition one off Big Poppa margarita smoker smoothie blender with added automatic beer crackin thingamajig. Obviously, I win. :boxing:

PS - I own both. Very versatile drum and PBC. Two COMPLETELY different animals. Honestly, its like comparing a Corvette to a Viper. Both are cars and both go fast, but two different beasts under the hood.

On that note though, Mopar sucks. :bow::cool::heh:

My drum has the new limited edition one off Big Poppa margarita smoker smoothie blender with added automatic beer crackin thingamajig. Obviously, I win. :boxing:

PS - I own both. Very versatile drum and PBC. Two COMPLETELY different animals. Honestly, its like comparing a Corvette to a Viper. Both are cars and both go fast, but two different beasts under the hood.

On that note though, Mopar sucks. :bow::cool::heh:

Mopar rocks! I hate gm just a pain to work on anything they make. Cheap yep and that's why I have two gm products. I prefer mopar but it is really expensive to buy one. Much better vehicles from Chrysler.

Back