Whole Hog Part Deux - MASSIVE PR0N

Great job. Very inspiring. Looks like a great party, filled with great folks. Something about roasting a pig that brings us together.

Have you ever tried the weed burner method for starting charcoal?

Great job. Very inspiring. Looks like a great party, filled with great folks. Something about roasting a pig that brings us together.

Have you ever tried the weed burner method for starting charcoal?

The third Grillin Fool has a Looftlighter, but he was on the lake that weekend otherwise we could've used it with similar effects...

Love this thread. How many adults were fed off the 80lb pig. (I am assuming it was dressed weight)

drool.jpg

"happy pig eaters" .... indeed.

Thanks for the pics and write-up. I love these detailed "how I did it" threads! :clap:

Looks like everyone had a great time. :-D

Love this thread. How many adults were fed off the 80lb pig. (I am assuming it was dressed weight)

It fed maybe forty adults. I had four quart bags of meat leftover that were not jammed full, but enough for a couple people to make a couple sammies.

Looks like we're doing this again on Labor Day. Probably going to go with a smaller pig as only about 30 people will be invited. Maybe a 60 again like last year. But definitely skinning that bad boy....

Cut the bottom of the cans, slit them down the side, drill holes in the sides of the cans, &pot bolts with wing nuts to make them adjustable.

Back