Whole Hog Barbecued Over Wood Coals ***with bonus drone footage***

Looks like a great time, talk about a killer place to watch some basketball!!!

Love that pig cooker you made, I saw one a lot like it on Man, Fire, Food last night and thought to myself that I need one. lol

That looked like all of you had a great time. Garret and Brian did a great job on the pig flipper! Great design by dwfisk-Dave. Loved the aerial camera work also. Looked like a good time. Congrats. Oh, also loved the history of the place.

Looks like a great time, talk about a killer place to watch some basketball!!!

Love that pig cooker you made, I saw one a lot like it on Man, Fire, Food last night and thought to myself that I need one. lol

That episode inspired the spinner although it is different in many ways. After seeing the show I posted a thread here and got a lot of great suggestions on size, materials, etc. I then sent Garrett some drawings and he and Brian made it a reality. Dave has built a version of the spinner as well but it has an expanded metal grate instead of the round bar grid.

there is a video of last year's race as well between the same two guys. I would post it but the music is way too explicit for Qtalk!

I thought I smelled smoke the other day! Hey, maybe you can fire up the flipper for the grand opening (hint, hint).

Seriously, looks like a great time was had by all. Awesome to have such a tradition.

That thing looks great, nice work Garret and Tree, and a great design Shenco and DWfisk, a real nice cooker.

Thanks bob, a few of your ideas made it in the final design. They fabricated a removable T handle that makes it very easy to maneuver the grate. I had underestimated the need for it initially, it ended up being crucial because of the weight of the grate.

I thought I smelled smoke the other day! Hey, maybe you can fire up the flipper for the grand opening (hint, hint).

Seriously, looks like a great time was had by all. Awesome to have such a tradition.

We hope to! I already have 2-3 events lined up with it this summer, hopefully more now that folks can see what it's all about.

Back